How to make a speaker strobe play a voice evac message without panel

Idealy I think it would with your Wheelock device as it puts out 24v for the rated speaker.

So the link above is a speaker only with the ability to tap both 25 and 70 vrms. There is a EG4SWF that comes with a mounting plate

Does that even matter?

Unless they are Addressable, Speaker and Speaker-Strobes are just “Speakers”, any rated for 25/70 RMS will work.

So this will work with this?

Yes, the 2 will work with each other.

Is there a wiring diagram for a fire alarm? Where should I get the power for the MP3 player thing? Does it have to only have power when alarm is activated or always? Thanks so much!

You can get a power supply, a 24V one on amazon, since the module will work with 24V.

I already have a 24v power supply powering the alarms and such. Does it need to always be powered or can I power it from my alarm power wires?

If you have a DPDT relay which the coil of the relay controls from the silence switch, which one the NC (normally Closed) contacts switch controls one the speaker wires from your mp3 module, if you want to have it silenced. If you want I can show you a diagram.

Can I have a new 24v power that I buy for the board and use my power from the alarms for the alarm?

Its up to you if you want to do that. Mainly, I’d would use the same power supply for your alarms. If you want I can show you a diagram on how to do that…

Yes, that would be awesome, thanks! Can you also show me how to wire up the board to the speaker strobe? Thanks so much!

Yes, that would be awesome, thanks! Can you also show me how to wire up the board to the speaker strobe? Thanks so much!

The diagram for the mp3 module should be here in this reply, for the four channel version.

But is there one for the fire alarm specifically?

Yeah, but they’re voice evac panels and they are expensive.

Would you recommend using my alarm power supply for the board or buying a new one?

I mean, up to you. I would use the same 24V power supply for the alarms to power the board up.

Could you give a diagram for that? Thanks

25V ones are usually louder than the 70V ones? Could be wrong…