The Fire Panel Forums now works better on mobile than ever before! One of the benefits is that it utilizes the ability to be a full screen web application on both iOS and Android, some details are here:
Note: this is unable to send push notifications to your phone, you will still need email for that.
- Open The Fire Panel Forums in Safari on your iOS device, and while on the home page of the forums, press the “share” button in the bottom of the page:
- Select the “Add to Home Screen” option in the menu (You will likely need to scroll to find it, may show up differently on older versions of iOS)
- Unfortunately, the default name is “The Fire” as it gets cut off. You can change this name to TFP Forums, or whatever you choose, then press the ‘Add’ button in the upper right.
- You should now see the forum icon on your home screen! Press to open.
- You’ll likely need to log in again, but this should only be necessary once. And that’s it! You can now use the forums very similarly to an app on your phone!
currently in progress