I finally got something

After waiting for a while, I finally got 4 edwards lamps from my school, likely with more to come.

The original bulb was burnt out, so I put in a new one.

2 Likes

Ooh :open_mouth: those things are rare!

yep. i am connecting all four of them, and two have working original bulbs.

Congrats! 120VAC huh? Those versions have got to be rare! Were they used on a 120VAC fire alarm system or…?

Teacher call system. i may hook them up to the new FACP at school (once it’s installed)via a SPST relay as some mass notification though.

Ah okay. What? Did I hear you correctly?: are you planning to hook those decades-old devices up to a current-day still-in-service fire alarm system? If so, that’s a no-no: you can’t be doing that as you have neither the permission nor the expertise to do so (plus the fact that what would be the point in doing such?). If you mean your own personal setup though that’s fine, as long as you know what you’re doing.

He could be an electrician and gotten permission from the school, Or been requested to. If he was doing it without permission would be a issue.

they are not as old as you think. my school was only built in 1996.

1 Like

Yes, but I honestly don’t see his logic in doing so when he could simply test them at home, especially since where would he get 120VAC for doing such at the school anyway? (I also really highly doubt that the school would risk having their for-actual-life-safety fire alarm system messed up by someone who as I said has most likely neither the experience nor knowledge to do what they want to do)

1 Like

those are cool I have only seen them in a building once

this specific version?

1 Like

I beleve so yes like 5 years ago though

UPDATE: i got some new bulbs for the lamps. i also have a flasher circuit for them, so expect me to upload pictures and videos soon showcasing this.

1 Like

Cool! I’m glad you got some bulbs for that old thing

it’s only from 1996.

1996 is still old tho

true, but these have been made for a long time. since the '50s or earlier, i believe.