In Loving Memory of Colin (TheBlueCFL)

Hello forum users,

It is with great sadness I announce the passing of one of our more active community members the owner of the ‘Fire Alarm Technicians and Collectors’ Discord server, Colin, or as many of you may know him, @TheBlueCFL.

Colin, who was a 6-year volunteer firefighter/EMT in Connecticut, was responding to a structure fire early Tuesday morning, August 10th 2021, when he suddenly collapsed at the scene. He was transported to a local hospital, underwent an emergency surgery, and after 2 days in critical condition, he passed away on Thursday, August 12. Colin suffered from a previously undiagnosed condition, Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia (APL).

Colin was 26 years old, and had a strong heart and passion for fire and life safety, hence the many hobbies he was interested, and the countless days spent at the fire station ready to jump on the engine at a moment’s notice. Colin had recently gained full time employment at Johnson Controls as a fire alarm technician working on Simplex equipment, and his free time was often spent online with many members of our community playing games such as Minecraft and several first responder role playing games. Needless to say, Colin was truly passionate about everything he did, and he would give you the shirt off your back if you needed it, always putting others before himself.

While I have never met him in person, he was a friend of mine, and I will miss him dearly.

Colin, rest easy, until we meet again.

Colin’s YouTube channel can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHGx52hd5rexWbQcmWg-WSA

Colin McFadden - 1995-2021

7 Likes

We’ll miss you Colin (BlueCFL)! A great hero, enthusiast, and technician!!!

2 Likes

:blue_heart: See you soon, Blue.

2 Likes

May TheBlueCFL rest in peace.

1 Like

We’ll all miss this wonderful guy. :pensive:
What makes this even sadder for me is that the day he passed away was 2 days after my 14th BIRTHDAY, for God’s sake! :sob:

2 Likes

Goodbye Colin. A kind person, truly a hero! :innocent:

1 Like