Ladders can't get it down, but guns sure can!

PLEASE DO NOT SEND THIS PERSON HATE!!!
And yes, exactly what you think it is. The most southern thing you could ever see related to smoke alarms.
He literally trouble shot it by… well, shooting it.
I’d hope he used a slug round to not further damage the ceiling.

3 Likes

“Shooty McShootface”
Your name checks out! :rofl:
Well, if anything, it sure does stop the chirping!

2 Likes

You know, I’ve seen numerous people suggest firearms as a way of stopping a chirping smoke alarm, & now someone’s actually done it for real!

1 Like

I am laughing way to hard at this! Let’s just say that’s one way to do it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He did it wrong. The proper way to do it is to fire a few shots around the detector so it comes off the ceiling. This way, when the battery needs to be replaced, it’s just a quick patch job to get it back up instead of having to replace the whole unit.

3 Likes

Uhm… well, that might work too. I think you’d just use a normal 12 gauge to do that though.

1 Like

Troubleshooting just got a new literal meaning, I guess? If anything this is probably the funniest thing I’ve eevrr seen on this board :rofl:

2 Likes

just going to be honest, i thought that i was gonna be warned or kicked from this website when i uploaded this
also literally the exact opposite of “General” very weird and… i wouldn’t do this

1 Like