List your homemade fire alarm panel specs

Here you can list your homemade fire alarm panel specs
This includes how you are powering it from main 120V AC as well as battery backup

I know this is “Very” late, but I wanted to Share. (Hopefully the Mods don’t come for me :upside_down_face:)

MFA Emergency Signaling

Controller Signaling Mark 7 (CS7) Series

A 7 Zone Fire Alarm Control Panel with some Extra Features…

• 7 Programmable Zone Hardware Types, Response Actions, and Report Codes for Each Zone.

• 7 Different Coding options , Steady, Marchtime 120 and 90, Code 3, Cadence March Code
    4-4-4-4, Pulse, and California Code.

• 2 Custom relays which can be programmed to any programmable event.

• 3 NACs Which can be programmed.

• A Variety of Sync Protocols, Including an under development “Universal Strobe Sync Protocol”.

• Supports Priority 2, Secondary EVAC, Burglar and Weather/EAS Emergency’s. (Extra Hardware needed for Weather/EAS.)

• The panel Can be tripped with “Vista Connection”, Which means that the Bell Circuit of a Security Panel can activate the CS7 to the appropriate mode. (External Relay Required)

• The CS7 panel is powered by 120VAC as its primary power input, It also has a Secondary power input of 24 Volts Filtered DC for use of batteries or secondary supply. These Power inputs are also monitored by voltage and current for extra safety measures.

• Support for MFA ES CEX Modular Card Extensions and Compatible I/O Devices using UART Serial Port.

• Two Stage, PreSignal, Verification, Resettable power, and 2 Wire Smoke Detector support built in.

• And many more features!!

Here is a Photo of the Basic layout of the panel.

Might be selling Kits or Pre-built versions of this panel soon…

1 Like

Damn, thats a hell of a FACP

1 Like

I know. It doesn’t help that I have next to no experience with coding. @MrFireAlarm and I will be working on panels and devices together, and they seem to have way more experience with that sort of stuff, so that should help a little.

1 Like

Yes indeed,

The Intelligent Fire Security 1000 (IFS1000) Series shares an Identical Design as the Control Signal Mark 8 (CS8) Series with a few changes…

The CS8 Model also supports Ethernet remote programming and monitoring, Field programming like a Honeywell Vista System. A 5 Priority system is capable of handling multiple emergencies in one unit. An EAS card that ties the panel to the NOAA weather radio Network. The unit can also be tied to the CS9 series of expander panels and annunciators.

I don’t know if @Alex_Wilkinson will implement this, since he did not mention it.

CS8 in its first Prototype.

1 Like

All programming software is self-contained, everything can be keypad programmed. EAS implies that it can be connected to a weather radio, and a printer is a possible add-on

1 Like

Panel I’ll build over the summer: Wilkintech FSx.
Main card: 1 zone, 1 nac, 3 partitions. Zone expansion will go in groups of three, and NACs will be expanded 1 at a time. This panel will be entirely relay based

2 Likes

I should probably make this clear. These are plan for a future flagship panel, not something that currently exists.

1 Like

Nice, awesome specs for a fire alarm panel

Very late, but I thought I’d redo the post.
Wilkintech iFS1000
Base form:
:arrow_forward: 2 SLC loops, 255 points each, running on NITC or KiloSpeed protocols (KiloSpeed being developed by @MrFireAlarm)
:arrow_forward: 4 physical NACs, and virtually infinite virtual NACs
:arrow_forward: 20 programmable relays
:arrow_forward: virtually infinite virtual zones
Add ons:
:arrow_forward: input card: 10 inputs
:arrow_forward: i/o card: 10 inputs, 10 outputs
:arrow_forward: output card: 10 dry/wet contact outputs
:arrow_forward: 2-channel voice evac with field-recordable messages
:arrow_forward: network card with ContactIP compatibility
:arrow_forward: fire suppression card
Signal coding options
:arrow_forward: Wilkintech
:arrow_forward: Ussp
:arrow_forward: System Sensor
:arrow_forward: Gentex
:arrow_forward: Wheelock
:arrow_forward: Steady
:arrow_forward: California code
:arrow_forward: 20/60/90/120 bpm march time
:arrow_forward: temporal 3
:arrow_forward: temporal 4
Others
:arrow_forward: twostage, pre-signal and verification are built in
:arrow_forward: built-in 120vac-24vdc transformer. This panel outputs filtered dc and charges the batteries
It’s worth noting that this is currently fictional

2 Likes

Redoing the CS8 as well ig.

• 2 SLC Loops (Point Num Undetermined) NITC or KiloSpeed, with VirtualNAC and Voice over VirtualNAC (VoVAC).
  • 5 NACS, Infinite VNACs (Via SLC)
  • 5 On Board Relays (Programmable)
  • 15 Hardware Zone, Infinite Software Zones
  • 5 Priority System.
  • One Hardware Voice Channel, 3 Voice Channels with VoVNAC. (KIloSpeed Only)
  • Built in Ethernet, Contact IP supported.
  • Two Stage, PreSignal, Programmable Verification

Add Ons

• I/O Card, 10 Supervised Dry Contacts and 10 Form C Dry Relays
  • Voice Command Center Module (5, Hardware Voice Zones, 10 Software)
  • Loop Card, 2 extra SLCs
  • Suppression Card, 2 Releasing Zones.
  • Secondary Ethernet + Wifi Module

Sync and Signal coding

• Universal Strobe Sync Protocol
  • Wilkintech Class B Sync
  • Gentex
  • Wheelock
  • System Sensor
  • Temporal 3
  • Temporal 4
  • March Time, (60/90/120)
  • Slow Whoop (Voice Systems)

Note that the iFS1000 and CS8 are completely Identical, except that a few specs and features are Omitted from the two Variants.

Unlike the iFS1000, the CS8 Does Exist, but in a very limited base form.

I’ve got a few panels planned but let me share one of them as I’ve put the most time into it.

My panel is called the Loganetics MW-2400. MW stands for MicroWarn, and I am also using that name on my minihorns.

The MW-2400 contains:

-2 NACs

-4 zones

-3 amp power supply

-3 onboard relays (alarm, trouble, supervisory)

-11 coding options (listed below)
Continuous (Default)
March Time (20, 60, 90, 120, 150BPM)
Temporal 3 (Regular and 4002-style)
Temporal 4-4
Temporal 4-4-4-4
California Code

-7 built-in sync protocols (most are still in development)
Wheelock Sync
System Sensor Sync
Gentex Sync
EST Sync
Siemens Sync
Faraday Sync
60BPM synced

I plan to build an annunciator for this panel too, and I might build a version that supports expansion via cards, but it will not have MW in the model number because MicroWarn devices are made for small-scale applications.

2 Likes

Does it use gamewell xp95?? :joy:

1 Like

No it uses Wellgame BX59 xD

1 Like

Does it work with the ms85 pulls?

1 Like

Caleb it doesn’t work with protocols made by other brands. I don’t even think that’s allowed.

1 Like

Figured I would put the specs of one of my three panels here.
I-70 Conventional FACP
•10 zones (5 for pulls and 5 for smokes/heats)
•6 nacs (3 for strobes and 3 for horns/C-Series dampers)
•3 normally open a 2 normally closed fire alarm relays (one of the no relays is for running a contactor for the motors of C-Series Multi-signal horns)
•walk test
•drill button
•built in battery volt meter
•dip switches for programming
•is capable of producing all known coding options
•nac circuits and zones are disable-able with the programming switches
•syncs S-FA/H-FA strobes by pulsing power in slow march time
•can be tied into the external alert port on a weather radio to flash the alert side of the S-FA/H-FA strobes (alert side has its own nac circuit that is activated when the radio puts the panel in supervisory, coding is the same)
•operates off of 120vac and has battery back up (24vdc)
•nac circuit voltage is 24vdc
•piezo beeps in the signal that is selected when in alarm and beeps in continuous when a trouble occurs
•automatically silences horn/damper nacs until C-Series motors are at full speed
•has terminals for an optional annuciator (I-70B)

1 Like

Does that LCD use I2C or something else?

2 Likes

iFS1000 interface

FS-X interface

1 Like

Looking good so far, I like the design

1 Like