Looking for a Simplex Voice File!

There’s a pretty rare Simplex voice message that’s primarily used in high-rise buildings that goes something like this:

(female voice) Attention please. The signal tone you have just heard indicated the report of an emergency in this building. If your floor evacuation signal sounds after this message, walk to the nearest stairway and leave the floor. While the report is being verified, occupants on other floors should await further instructions. (On certain floors, this is typically followed by a repeated 520hz temp3 tone)

I’m attaching here a low quality audio version of the message I found: DemoMsg.mp3 - Google Drive

I’ve never been able to find the Simplex version of this message, only the notifier version. Wondering if anyone’s seen it before in a voice file.

I’ve never heard a Simplex rendition of that message, I’ve heard it done by other unknown brands though. Where did you get that sample of it from?

So that particular audio clip is the Simplex rendition of the message. I recorded it during an alarm at a high rise hotel in Boston. Doing some research it seems to be commonly used in Massachusetts high rise buildings.

However, I did learn recently that a building at my University uses a very similar message, though it’s missing the “while the report is being verified” segment. A clip of that can be found here: IMG_1639.MOV - Google Drive

I know, it’s just that I never knew Simplex made use of that script.

Ah okay. Might be something similar to the tone that pretty much all Massachusetts Edwards voice systems use.

As I once said in another topic the sad truth is that we’ll likely never be able to obtain the raw audio files for a lot of Simplex messages, all because they’re in places we have no access to (either that or we’d have to do tons of work trying to extract them from various panels).