"Majestic-12 Bot"

On the old version of the forum, there were 3 bots, 2 of which you’d almost always see in the “Online Users” list. “Google-Bot” & “Bing-Bot”, from what I’ve read, allowed results for the forums to show up in Google & Bing searches respectively. However, there was a third bot, “Majestic-12 Bot”, that you’d occasionally see online. This one I never understood the purpose of. According to Wikipedia “Majestic 12” has something to do with UFOs. Could anyone tell me the purpose of “Majestic-12 Bot”, if it ever had any purpose at all.

The Majestic-12 Bot was from this project: https://www.majestic12.co.uk/

The ‘Bots’ were simply shown when crawling the page. The Majestic-12 Bot did the same thing Google/Bing did, only for Majestic-12. Doesn’t have anything to do with UFOs…

In the new forums, the crawlers (bots) are still active, only they aren’t publicly shown.

Oh alright. This is what Wikipedia says about “Majestic 12”: Majestic 12 - Wikipedia

For what it’s worth, Wikipedia returns results for Greek mythology if you look for a certain fire alarm manufacturer…

1 Like

Damn. When I search “Gentex GECR” in Ebay, it says "Did you mean ‘Gentex Gear?’ "

To be fair, Gentex does manufacture car parts