Ladies and gentleman, it’s time for another round of Make Up a System!
For starters, let’s take a look around the Nautilus Aquarium, located somewhere in Cape Cod. It was built in the late 1980’s and has a mid-sized Simplex 2001. It is voice-equipped, and its NACs are un-coded.
- The smoke detectors are Simplex 2098 “whiffle ball” smoke/heat detectors. They are photoelectric.
- The pull stations are Simplex 4251-20 T-bar pull stations. Some of them were replaced with 2099 pull stations with no-grip handles.
- The main section has Simplex 2901-9833’s on 2903-9101 plates. On the ceilings, there are 2904-9101 remote strobes.
- The signals in the section containing the tidal pool exhibit, penguin enclosure, and cafeteria has Space Age AV-34 horn/strobes. They have newer Faraday mechanical horns and 25 candela strobes.
- There is an auditorium where educational presentations and films are shown. This room has 2902-9739 LifeAlarm speaker/strobes. The speaker audio is a 120Hz buzz from the on-board tone generator.
- A new deep sea exhibit room was built a few years ago. It has Simplex 4903-9356 TrueAlert speaker/strobes.
- On the exterior of the building, there is a Wheelock ASWP-24-MCW, set to code 3 and 110cd.