My custom FACP and pull station design

Any traditional electronic horns?

There should be soon. But I’m unsure on how to make the electronic horn’s electronics.

But a self-driving piezo, and a 555 timer and potentiometer for modulation

Also on the topic of visual signals, are incandescent lights still able to be used on fire alarm systems or does it have to be strobes?

In order to be ADA-compliant, you need strobes.

Alright here’s my remote strobe/horn strobe design.

The fire side flashes/sounds in a fire situation while the alert side flashes/sounds in any other situation.

2 Likes

Cool. Is it a clear strobe with letters?

1 Like

Yes it is. It was hard to make it clear with the drawing platform I use which is why it’s white/orange.

1 Like

I do like the strobe on the bottom

1 Like

I’m also wondering how I would get the strobes to sync without a sync protocol.

2 Likes

Maybe @MrFireAlarm can work out ussp for them. Are they xenon or led?

2 Likes

They are xenon because xenon seems to be brighter than led and have better flash rates from what I’ve seen.

1 Like

USSP, or the Universal Strobe Sync Protocol should work with both Xenon and LED, as its just a sync protocol, USSP devices are controlled by using sync codes and timings from various manufacturers and High-speed pulses for controlling USSP devices. USSP is more meant to be a solution for different devices from different manufacturers on one NAC, but it can be designed to control USSP-compatible devices.

USSP

3 Likes

Bit of a update, I now have an annuciator for the I-71. It’s called the I-701.

1 Like

Questions about the multi signal horns. Will they be able to do hi-lo? Are they meant for indoor applications?

They can be special ordered for outdoor applications but is meant for indoor use (C-Series multi-signal) while the H-FA is weather proof if in an outdoor enclosure like what Gentex does with their outdoor Commanders. As for hi-lo, the C-Series multi-signal can do hi-lo if that option is selected when ordered (due to the design the inner workings have to be slightly changed, while the H-FA has dip switches to select whether to be coded by the panel or for special tones such as hi-lo.

1 Like