My first panel is on its way! It’s an MS-5UD!

I may need a little help with setup but I have knowledge of electronics so I should be fine! Let me know of any tips you guys have!

1 Like

While I am quite surprised that you bought a US-made panel instead of one from a company where you live, I do hope you either bought the 240VAC version or have a 240VAC-to-120VAC adapter to use with the 120VAC model. You’ll also need some kind of cord to power it with.

Do be warned: the MS-5UD outputs FWR which can damage some alarms, such as those made by Simplex.

1 Like

I live in the US so voltage shouldn’t be a problem

1 Like

But thanks for the tip about simplex alarms! Is there any other alarm I should steer clear of if I want to use it on the panel?

1 Like

Not sure.

I’m honestly confused: the Forums tells me that another topic concerning the MS-5 was started by someone I often converse with, who lives in the UK, yet when I go to that topic it displays your name instead.

1 Like

@TheAlmightyZach I haven’t experienced that issue, but I’m just letting you know of the report.

I also heard that AV32s can fry NACs but I don’t know that 100%.

That’s what thesdx said in System Test 4, but I think he later clarified that the NAC on his former MS-5UD got fried a different way (forget how exactly).