New Acquisition!

Hi everyone, as most of you know that keep in contact with me on Discord, I sold my Simplex 4006, and after around 14 days I have finally gotten its replacement up and running - and that replacement is a Simplex 4100ES.

I do have means of getting it programmed (thanks Nicsou!), so it will now be the new candidate for my home system where I plan on equipping it with digital voice paired with IDNet for the ultimate home setup! I will also probably end up posting this system to YouTube and other social media platforms besides Discord.

About the CPU bay:

• Standard system power supply (SPS) - no IDNAC yet!
  • 4100ES (Next Generation Processor) CPU card
  • Add-in 8-zone conventional system card
  • City-tie card
  • DACT card
  • Firmware: Rev. 6.02.05 [ES] (shipped to me with 4100U bins, Rev. 14.01.03)
  • Total Cost: $895

I also purchased the cabinet separately for $85, and I picked it up locally. Unfortunately, it is missing the dress panel, but I’ll get that later once one pops up for a reasonable price on eBay.
And yes, before you ask, I know that this is an ES in a U cabinet. I am not really a fan of how the ES cabinets look, and this cabinet was nearby and inexpensive.

Pictures attached. If you want more pictures or have questions, feel free to ask!

3 Likes

Very very nice mr.pineapple

mine better

You got a very lucky bargin with that one! Although what’s causing the trouble light to be lit up?

Those images were before I upgraded the firmware from the old 4100U bins to the 4100ES bins, and before I had the new job loaded on, so the panel was looking for several cards and devices that didn’t exist anymore.

After I upgraded the firmware:

8 of those troubles were coming from the zone card due to a fuse which was burned out, I replaced it and those troubles cleared.
The only remaining troubles I have now are a few missing IDNet devices because I’m waiting for those to show up, and a battery trouble since I don’t have the battery cable for the PDU yet - I’ll be making my own battery cable tomorrow.

1 Like