New Mircom MPS-800 pull stations

A few days ago, a fellow enthusiast brought these new Mircom MPS-800 pull stations to my attention. We first caught a glimpse of these pull stations a few years ago and they’re finally hitting the market. Conventional and addressable models are offered (all of which appear to be dual-action) and, from what I can tell, the addressable versions use Mircom’s new “MP”/MIX-4000 protocol.

They certainly have a distinctive appearance. I’m fond of the use of pictograms in lieu of lettering. However, I can’t quite tell how their internal mechanism works; I wonder what kind of switch is used in these devices.

1 Like

Very interesting…they have a very European-esque design I’d say (not that there’s anything wrong with that), & while the use of symbols instead of lettering is fairly smart, something just seems off with them having no lettering (even though the versions seen in 2019 had lettering). The lock being off-center I’m also not a fan of.

1 Like

Those are very interesting. They should maybe use symbols and lettering.

1 Like

The symbols allow them to reduce costs by allowing them to manufacture and stock fewer versions.

1 Like

I feel like they could have used the arrow that was on the one in the tweet. The current illustration looks weird to me

1 Like