New! Siemens XMS Pull Stations

I can’t believe I’m only just seeing this. The design is very visually appealing and I can’t wait to see these installed in local buildings.

I’m personally not a fan of these XMS pull stations since in my opinion they look weird but I’m glad Siemens is updating there pull stations and using key locks this time. I think the Chevron pull stations are the pull stations that Siemens should be using instead of the MSM-Ks and the MSI-20s

I believe it is also the Chevron, similar to the MS/I series pulls

Not quite - this new one is reset with a key.

I’m talking about the metal model. I’m thinking that it will be the Chevron like the HMS-M was instead of a metal version of the HMS-S.

“All models feature a T-45 reset key to match the fire alarm panel enclosure.”
https://www.downloads.siemens.com/download-center/Download.aspx?pos=download&fct=getasset&id1=A6V11852007

I wonder if Siemens will keep the Chevrons and the HMS-Ds (anything similar) around after the XMS pull stations came out. I wonder if there going to phase out the older pull stations. If that’s the case, it would be a shame since those chevron style pull stations have been around for a long time (since the 1950s or maybe even earlier).

Interestingly, there appears to be an indentation on the XMS where the GA switch is on the MS-60KS. So, maybe there will be in the future?

1 Like

Also of note, these pulls seem to activate quite easily
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/756034121003827331/920113506836185118/IMG_9310.mov
One guess I had after filming this part was that it was because of the braille so blind people wouldn’t need to find the push bar before pulling

I just found this document referring to the XMS-2S, which is purportedly a two-stage pull station. I unfortunately can’t find a datasheet for the XMS-2S or any image of these devices. I’m eager to see what the two-stage models look like.

Same. I wonder if it will use the same switch as the previous Siemens pulls, Simplex pulls, and EST pulls, or if it will use a proprietary switch line in the MS-60KS

If you’re wondering what these look like in a break-glass Stopper…

2 Likes

That would be pretty damn cool if Siemens made a pre-signal variant of the new Xms pull station

Key features of the XMS series include…

1. Key-reset
  2. Status LED
  3. Reports a trouble if the cover is opened (I think this is an industry first)
  4. Built-in fault isolation for class A (redundant) wiring (no separate isolator module needed)
1 Like

They also make a conventional model too. It’s called the xms-501

The conventional model throws an alarm instead of a trouble when opened. I was expecting it would somehow do something with resistance to throw a maintenance trouble, but nope. Alarm

It looks like the Canadian-market models, including a two-stage version, are finally available. I came across the installation instructions for these models, but I haven’t been able to find a data sheet yet.

Based on the drawings shown in the instructions, it appears that the two-stage version uses a keyswitch similar to that used on the MS-60KS (rather than the more traditional keyswitch used on the MS-53 and its addressable variants).

I find the layout of the bilingual lettering to be rather interesting—I had assumed that the French and English “FIRE” text would be side-by-side, like it is on the MS-series pull stations. It seems that they simply replaced the braille text at the top with French lettering instead of fully redesigning the layout.

1 Like

If you ask me they should have put it side-by-side, then they could’ve still had the Braille for visually-impaired people while also having bilingual FEU/FIRE lettering for Canada.