Newest system you've seen in the oldest building?

Have you ever come across a rather old building to find that it had a very modern fire alarm system?

The fine arts building on my college campus (which I’ll probably post more about at some point) was built in the 1950s and has been renovated very little since it was built. It was demolished this past summer to make way for a brand new building that will be completed in the next two years.

I’m not sure what the original system in the building was, but when I first walked into the building in 2018, I was surprised to see a 4100ES voice evac system with the new-style ES addressable speaker/strobes installed in an otherwise older, largely 1950s era building. Ironically enough, this was the first building on campus to have the new design ES speaker/strobes.

[Edit: I wasn’t able to/wasn’t really interested in salvaging the hardware. The 4100ES was actually ripped out by the school to potentially use elsewhere. I wouldn’t have been able to use the NAs anyways.]

My old Elementary School (built in 1913) has a Silent Knight system from the early to mid 2000s with Spectalert Classics,SD devices, and 2 spectralert advances. Very unsure what the panel is. Unfortunately I don’t know what the original system was. The school is still standing but it’s days may be numbered soon due to the fact that the building is over 100 years old (I was there when the school turned 100 years old back in 2013) but the school district hasn’t made any plans but I don’t think the school is going to last much longer.

The Old Central building here at Oklahoma State was built in 1893, and predated just about every sort of fire alarm system, and I don’t even think it had sprinklers when it was first built. I believe it has an addressable Notifier system with either Spectralert Advance or L-series speaker-strobes. Kind of funny to think about actually.

My old middle school had a few alarms replaced with L-Series / Ceiling Advances because they wanted louder alarms. The school was built in the 30s.