Notification Appliance Circuit with Supervisory Output Module

Hi All,
Hope you are doing good !
I have a query regarding a specific topic. It is about connecting SOM powered by a NAC extender’s NAC circuit. The SOM is triggered by the FACP’s (simplex 4100 ES) loop circuit. Please note, the NAC ports of the FACP has not totally been used. The sounders have been connected by 6 SOMs which got triggered from FACP loop and gets power from NAC extender’s 6 NACs individually. The last sounder to each of 6 circuits ends through EOLR.
Now my questions are,

1. How do I silent the sounder once it gets activated? Does the FACP’s silence button work for the sounders connected from SOM?
  2. If strobes are used this way, does the synchornization works automatically as strobe sync is compatible to 4100ES or I need additional module to synchronize the strobes connected to SOM ?
  3. For a multiple fire events, if a sounder circuits get activated once, will it be activated 2nd time without resetting the FACP?

Hello, I’m not too familar with Simplex programming but I program other brands SOM (control) modules with a NAC or HORN or STROBE point code. Then the system silence button would tell the SOM to stop its output. We also have a program option for RESOUND if another alarm occurs. The power supply should have dipswitches for setting synchronization. Are you using six SOM for different areas or floors? I usually have one module to trigger all of the power supplys circuits.

1 Like

Yes 6 SOMS at 6 floors.

I think the system is working in different way than you think. It’s not the module that is triggering the power supply but the other way round. Normally the module triggees the power supply/ NAC extender. But in this case each of the six supervisory output modules are connected to a particular loop ( loop number 5 of FACP) for triggering purpose and the NACs of the power supply/ NAC extender are used individually to supply power to each SOMs to provide power to the sounders connected to each SOMs.

I think each circuit will sync, depending on you booster power supply. Can you program the SOM with a NAC point type code? If so, they should be silenceable.

Well I am not sure whether the devices are programmable or not. But thanks, I got a general idea on what points to check.