NYC fire alarms

Neat devices! I knew of Casey Fire Systems as I came across a photo of one of their Comtrak 1720 control panels, but I didn’t realize they also made those pull station covers. Another enthusiast shared a photo of a pull station cover like that one a while back, and I couldn’t figure out who the manufacturer was. I wonder whether these covers are universal (i.e. they can be used with various types of pull stations) or whether they’re designed to be used with a specific model.

Speaking of unusual NYC devices, someone was selling these Codata pull stations on eBay about 10 years ago. I can find practically no information about this manufacturer, other than what is mentioned in an old Tax Commission decision.

This photo is from a past eBay auction.

That’s a very unique looking pull station. It kinda reminds me of the old world trade towers

Oh thats cool i never knew Comtrak 1720 Panels existed i only knew about their current Comtrak 2000 Panel which is a slightly different looking Firecom LSN2000, very interesting i wonder if its an rebranded older firecom 8000 series panel from the way the design looks.

Anyways yea i think those pull station covers are just ones that go over pull stations i dont think they are specific because they are on EST systems too, i think they are just limited to whatever can fit within them. (just a guess since theres no picture showing inside one of them that i could find yet)

What is the model of that pull station

I unfortunately don’t know. I don’t recall a model number being mentioned in the eBay listing.

1 Like

Did find some of those in use on a EST system in NYC i wonder if they might be related in someway, still haven’t found any info on them either pretty interesting design tho.

2 Likes

Cool Its fine no worries