NYC fire alarms

Post any pictures of fire protection equipment you’ve seen in NY state or NYC

1 Like

1 Like

Exit signs with 3 spotlights are extremely rare.

1 Like

Sadly I’ve never been to NY/NYC so I don’t have any pictures to put here.

1 Like

Wow! That’s a rare exit sign

1 Like

I saw something just like that on Zillow.

This is my only nyc related pull station

1 Like

4 Likes

Ooh nice! I love that Firecom ny-striped pull

3 Likes

That NY-Striped Firecom pull station and those Firecom rebranded Wheelock speaker/strobes look cool!

Dual Action Sigcom SG-42SK2-NY
Firecom RA-40

1 Like

Nice! Where are you getting all of this Firecom equitment?

Ebay acutally i got lucky with most of the collection and got it for a good price

Theres still another RA-40 on sale in ebay same with the FE70 (seller raised price) and FRSS (seller raised price also)

Cool! I can say the same for some of my rare devices

Heres something interesting, these NYC Pull Station/Warden Phone Covers that are made by
Casey Systems they seems to be related to Firecom since the company address is the same
they are found on EST and Firecom Systems in some installs

The whole front cover opens apparently
One Court Square NYC 2

they do look pretty cool

Pictures bellow from ebay listings
These ones have a pull station mount within them

1 Like

Why do NYC fire alarms need white stripes?

Per an old version of a city ordinance, pull stations that are part of a system that notifies the fire department were required to have the white stripe.

Why is that? Does the stripe highlight the pull station

I think what @randomperson is trying to say is that a monitored system would have white stripes on the pull station. And ig tradition stuck

The stripe use to indicate that systems will contact the fire department but now days its a standard so im pretty sure thats been phased out, but some brands still have them on their products because i guess they just have always been doing so for NYC approvals