Old Simplex Detector?

Would anyone know the model of this detector? Its in the Library of my high school and only the library area. The rest of the school has Whiffle Balls, TrueAlarms (Renovated Area), and some sort of variation of the 2908-9201s.

It seems out of place, as the rest of the system screams Early 90’s, The Pull stations are 4251-30s, and the Main Signaling devices are 4903-9101s with 2901-9806es. (Panel is 4100U or ES, I Think)

(There’s more to the system, but Ill cover it in a separate post)

1 Like

That is a Simplex 4262-5 ionization smoke detector, and they are very rare. It’s probably a holdout from the original system, guessing by the architecture of the building.

1 Like

Minnesota is right: to be more precise/specific it’s a Simplex-rebranded Statitrol ionization smoke detector. The Davis K-8 school in Brockton, Massachusetts used to have one (which was the only spot-type smoke detector in the building: everywhere else were Simplex-rebranded Chemetronics heat detectors along with Simplex duct detectors, the latter of which were installed much later than the others).

Sure hope you can save it at some point as they’re extremely rare.

1 Like

I see, As the school was completed in 1958, that makes total sense, but the the desicion for my districts contractor to keep these detectors in service to now is very odd, but the system is super odd as well. (7002t With Edwards 270Spo in my language arts classroom, while the rest of the system is simplex.)

(Band Room)

(Hallway)

Im trying to start a Fire/Life Safety Club at my school, and the system is planned to be replaced with a District Bond Project (Which needs to be approved still.)

Im planning to have the club buy the system from the district when replacement happens and sell system parts to collectors to fundraise for the club.

2 Likes