Opinions on LED Strobes

I heard all these failures were when they were connected to Fire-Lite panels, which put out a very dirty FWR current.

Well, I saw the Wheelock LED Horn/Strobes in some videos and they didn’t look as bad as I thought they did originally. I guess I just have to see it up on a wall and running and not just base it off a picture on a website. Hopefully they expand the series into ceiling mount horn and speaker strobes.

My cousin’s salon has an Exceeder replacing a Federal Signal 450 horn. I’m not sure if it is an LED or a regular strobe.

This is a LED Exceder:

This is not a LED Exceder:

Which one did it look like? I doubt it was a LED Exceder. They are too new and expensive at the moment.

I HATE the new strobes. I think that they are slimline and stuff, have less draw,etc. but LEDs do not put with FWR. I’m staying with the classic strobe.

Pardon my dumbness, but what’s FWR?

It’s a type of current that most Fire-Lite panels output. There are other brands of panels that output FWR, but Fire-Lite is very popular.
Most Simplex panels output filtered DC.

Don’t worry, I just learned this a week ago.
<URL url="Bad Notification Appliance/Control Panel Combinations text=“viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5748#p51232”>Bad Notification Appliance/Control Panel Combinations

they look so much like the est strobes

I bet these do continuous, though. :wink:

and code three without breaking off a tab making it unchangeable

What do you mean? My EST Genesis does code 3 by default. Is there a 4 wire version of the Genesis?

No. The closest thing to a 4-wire Genesis is the Signal Master add-on.

no you can break off a tap on the back of the alarm and it is permnatly set to steady but now its permnatly set to code 3

better than strobes flashin in your eyes. And they are efficent. I prefer incandescents, because i got a 2903-9001 and a 4050-80. why not use plasma? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, I see what you are saying. I’ll stick with temporal.

It wasn’t the LED strobe. And FUNNY how they look like EST, when Wheelock slapped Siemens with an injunction to not make their own devices… :roll:

This isn’t simplex, this is wheelock.

Read the context mang