Power cut at my secondary school in the UK yesterday

Yesterday just after 10:30am GMT, I was playing British dodge ball, when the sports hall lights went out, thought the PE teacher turned them off, some of the lights came back on as they are also emergency lights, heard a beeping noise coming from the main foyer, thought it was the Gent Vigilon panel doing a fault tone as the power cut activated the power fault led on the fire alarm panel, turned out to be the Honeywell Galaxy burglar alarm keypad going off in alarm as well as the external siren bell box on the side of the building where the outside football (soccer) cage is, so weird.

Here in the USA, in Michigan, we have had many blackouts(AKA Power outages). If at night, the entire room goes black, my sound machine stops and the furnace too, and I get very creeped out. Most were either storm or heat related; others were blown transformers and just simple equipment failures and did have 1 planned outage I witnessed.

1 Like

We had a receiver go bad on us last month and left us without power for a few hours. That same day, there were outages left and right all over Misery (Missouri).

1 Like

That just happend to me today

1 Like