Proper care for a Mercury switch?

Well, I’ve helped you all quite a bit. I have a Simplex 4251-113 (it was supposed to be a 4251-13, hence my username.) This model as a SPDT MERCURY switch. I’m a little paranoid about it, and wondering if I could have some tips on the proper care of this kind of device. Thank you in advance! :slight_smile:

Here are my recommendations. Don’t break the switch, the mercury is contained inside a small “capsule” of sorts that has contacts in it. Follow the ratings, try not to push any more power through it than what it is rated for. Keep in mind that even without pulling the station, tilting it would activate the switch.