School fire systems

My middle school was just built in 2022 with brand new Siemens LED Speaker strobes

1 Like

My school has Siemens rebranded Wheelock LED3 Speaker strobes, and speakers. Mostly ceiling mount but has wall mounted ones in the gym and auditourium

Also my elementary school has (All siemens rebrands) Wheelock RSS Strobes and Wheelock ZNS Horn Strobes

A word of advice for future posts: please take the time to try & include everything you want to say in a single post (or edit said single post to add something you might have forgotten to include initially).

Sounds like a fairly standard modern Siemens system: interestingly enough from what I’ve seen it appears that Wheelock has kept the LED3-series in production exclusively for Siemens much like the ZNS & ZRS, even though they’ve since otherwise replaced it with the Eluxa-series.

1 Like

Yeah that’s a good idea :slight_smile:

GWS built: 1973

panel #1
simplex 4100 or 4010

bells: simplex FCI vribrater

pulls: simplex t-bars

smokes: it sis not have any

heats: you had to pull a t-bar if a fire

system #2 1973 to 2022

panel: honeywell silent knight 6820

pulls: SK-PULL-DA

smokes: IDP-SMOKE-SK

heats: system sensor heats

horn strobes: system sensor P2RL

bells: same as last system

intercom: atlas cloce speaker double

thank you for looking bye

My first elementary school had Gentex SHGs (Gen 1 or 2), and a few Advances in some of the classrooms. I think I remember the school having BG-12s or Silent Knight PS-DAs because my old town had a fair amount of SK systems. I think I also remember the school having System Sensor 2151s.

My elementary school had a Notifier addressable system from when I went there until I graduated (the elementary school was K-6) there was notifier NBG12-LX’s and FSP-851 detectors in the original part of the system. the signals were the SpectrAlert Advance H/S in the halls and in the classrooms. in my 4th grade year there, they constructed an addition to the school. Where I live, the fire code stares that if an educational facility has an occupancy of over 100 persons, there must be a voice evacuation system installed in the facility. When the addition was built, there was an NFC 50/100 voice control panel installed in the main entryway. The new addition has L-Series speaker strobes which play the message first, and then the code three tone. The pulls were NBG12-LX’s and FSP-951 detectors. never found out what panel that was.

I remember the only school in my district that had voice evacuation was the skills center main building with SpectrAlert Advance Speaker Strobes. This was built in the past decade but the other buildings just have the horn strobe varients.

I wonder why the didn’t put in a DVC

I don’t know either, as I think the panel was a 320C

My old high school is set to be replaced soon. Maybe if I can convince my office, we could probably get the contract to install a new system in there. That would be pretty cool.

Edwards G4RF-Series Speaker Strobe at School
Connected to an Edwards EST3, with SIGA-278 pulls and SIGA-PS smokes. Needs to be upgraded to a Loganetics system fr fr

I used the webcam on my laptop so nobody would see :rofl:

1 Like

could we merge this topic with the “What fire alarm do you have at work or school?” category.

1 Like

Needs to be upgraded to a Loganetics system fr fr

That just made my day.

1 Like

The Loganetics system would need to be connected to a dedicated voice evacuation box panel for the speakers to work like a Wheelock Safepath.

1 Like

I just found out that my school district’s high school has an EST3 voice evac system. All of the pulls at the school are EST Siga-278 pull stations. The notifications are various ceiling and wall mounted EST Genesis strobes and speaker/strobes. I can’t remember what model the detectors are because I have not been to the high school in a while.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they’re likely Signature-series detectors as that’s what Edwards/EST made for a while during the xenon Genesis era (they were then later replaced with first the SIGA2 & now the Signature Optica-series).