Simplex 4002 Model - and Monitoring

Hello - I have existing Building with a Simplex 4002 Fire Alarm system - The Fire Department is mandating that I have the system monitored. My
questions:

1. Is this possible with this system?
  2. if so how?
  3. if not, what can be done minimally to the system to get this feature?

Any help available in order not to have to do major fire alarm installation as the system is working and working good. Please send any information directly to msr@moransquarerealty.com - as I don’t know how often things are viewed here and updated.
Thank You in advance!!! I need some help and as soon as possible -

EDIT 030321: Moved to correct forum. -Johann

To my knowledge the 4002 does not have a built-in dialer. You’d have to connect some sort of external dialer to it. The only one that I know of is Fire-Lite’s 411-series, but I don’t think they make those anymore.

Is that like adding another small fire alarm panel to the panel that will do the job? if so is fire-lite’s 411- series the only one?? How would you determine what if any others work? Thinking a supervised circuit would work doing something like this???

There are plenty of dialers out there that can do the job. My company primarily uses the Silent Knight 5128 for hard wired phone line monitoring or the Napco Starlink’s for cellular communications. You will have to call a Fire Alarm company in your area and they can get you set up!

If I recall correctly, the Simplex 4002 has on-board alarm and trouble relays which is all that is needed.

Keep in mind that cellular is a bit more expensive in terms of monitoring costs but it generally very reliable if the building is in a city or suburban area. Phone lines are much cheaper but you’ll have to pay for 2 lines from your local cable/telephone company. You’ll have to discuss this with the fire alarm company.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Alright, I stand corrected: Fire-Lite actually DOES still sell the 411-series: 411/411UD Slave Digital Alarm Communicator (firelite.com) When it comes to the 411-series I’m pretty sure it’s as simple as hooking the panel’s alarm & trouble relays to 2 of the 411’s inputs, & then programming them as alarm & trouble inputs. (& the respective outputs to indicate alarm & trouble)

Thank You Everyone!!! I got a Fire Alarm Guy coming next week, he has the Cellular set up - but the problem was getting it connected to the 4002! Thank You I went on line through amazon and bought the Fire-lite 411 and a programmer. I’m crossing my fingers and praying this works - as the FD is a royal pain… it’s been 25 yrs and I’ve never had to use a monitoring system… oh and the FD is 300 yards from the Building - we’ve had no false alarms, no fires, we just got inspection and everything was working, I had to change out 5 apartment smokes due to being 10 yrs old (but they were tested annually and work) - and had to add 5 to ring simultaneously - all heats/pulls, etc… emergency lights were all set, only one set of Batteries needed replacement - So, I find this over and above. But Thank you all for the help! Saving me thousands and more, as I know if I have to change the system, they will make me go do a sprinkler system and that is so not possible for us. Sorry for the ramble but I needed to be able to sleep tonight and not worry about this issue!!!

Hey i work for an alarm company. I just left a customer who wants a 4001 monitored.
My plan is to put a cell dialer.
Doing the research and came across this thread. Was curious, did your alarm company get this set up for you?

yes - it was a cell dialer to a monitoring company - this above 411 fire-lite did the job. My alarm guy got it all set -

there is a programming tool too as I understand it - we left it with the alarm panel and the 411 fire-lite