Simplex 4005 Won’t Reset

Hey all, I have a site that has a 4005 that once an alarm is activated, the panel will not reset. The zone can be clear or even disconnected but the panel will say that alarms are present and reset has been aborted. If you power it down it will stay reset once brought back up, but as soon as an alarm is initiated it is unable to be reset again. All trouble signals initiate and restore as expected however.

The customer had powered the system down for several weeks while doing some major work to the building. Among other issues they have, this is one I don’t know how to fix for them, and they want me to repair the panel instead of replacing or upgrading the system. Any ideas what can cause this? Do I need to replace the main board (if I can find a serviceable one)?

Thanks,
Brian

The Simplex 4005 panel will not reset if the zone that triggered the system is not supervised by the EOL resistor. You would have to either A.) Disable the zone through the keypad, then reset, or B.) Power down the system then power back up.

You would need to make sure that a 3.3k Ω resistor is present at the end of the zone circuit. This applies to all zones on the panel.

You could test this just by putting a resistor right at the panel on the zone and see if it resets. Otherwise i have had panels essentially lock up like that if they recieve to many signals at once or if a panel sits in alarm for too long i have had that happen, But after a hard reset it fixes that issue