Simplex 4008 rebooting

Hey everyone, this is my first post here.

I work at a company that does fire alarm inspections. I was doing one yesterday and everything was working properly. During the test we tested a smoke and the activation caused the fire panel to reboot. I then went back to the other devices that worked properly and those caused the panel to reboot as well. I spot checked a handful of more devices and those smokes and pulls cause the panel to reboot. Troubles and supervisory signals report just fine to the panel.

Our company is not a Simplex dealer and I don’t know too much about these panels. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Sounds like some component on the panel failed, it’s pretty old. You could try a cold boot.

Since I’m not familiar with these panels, how would i do a cold boot? Would that delete the current program?

Cold boot is equivalent to disconnecting batteries and turning off ac for a minute, then turning ac on waiting a minute and reconnecting batteries. If it’s a software issue it will likely go away but if it’s hardware it will come back. Normally the program is safe while doing this.

Oh ok. Yes, I’ve done that then. I’m leaning more to the hardware malfunction. They’ve had other problems with that panel before. So i think it’s finally going out.

Thank you very much for replying. Have a great day.

Uh, I have no idea, you should probably purchase a new panel