Simplex 4009 NAC Extender Wiring

I have a 4009-9001 NAC Extender that came with my 4020 that I am looking to wire back to the panel, but am a little confused on how it’s tripped by the panel. According to the wiring diagram, the positive of one of the panel’s NAC circuits lands in TB3-3 of the 4009’s signal board, and apparently there is a 0V common that comes from the panel and lands in TB1-3 of the 4009’s power supply board. The part I don’t understand is the last part - I’ve seen other 4009s that do not have any field wiring landing in TB1-3, so I am not 100% certain on where this 0V connection is supposed to go. I am also not sure if that 0V connection comes from the -24V auxiliary power in the panel or the -24V of the triggering NAC circuit. Does anyone know how to wire these 4009s? I just want to make sure I wire this correctly so I don’t damage anything.

To clarify, this is an older conventional 4009 from the 1990s (and not the newer addressable IDNet version).

Thanks

can you take pics of the terminals and send the board pic from the manual that states that? might be able to help.

It looks like TB-3 is for the extender alarm and trouble contacts. The trigger for NAC circuits 1 & 2 are terminals 1 & 2 on TB-1 and for NACs 3 & 4 terminals 1 & 2 on TB-2.

Here are some pictures, hopefully these help. If not, I can take more detailed ones, just let me know.

According to this (^) diagram on the inside of the door, the wiring from the control panel lands in TB3-3 of the signal board, and TB1-1 of the power supply board. It looks like the (+) of the triggering NAC lands in TB3-3, and the OV (-) goes in TB1-1. I’m guessing that 0V is coming from the panel’s negative 24V non-resetable power output. The last part is what isn’t clear to me, I don’t remember any field wiring landing in these terminals when I removed it from the wall, just the wires you see in the picture (which go to the signal board).

There is also a resistor harness that runs between TB1-3 (0V) and TB3-3. I have no idea what this resistor does, but it appears to be a factory Simplex part.