Simplex 4010 Trouble Question

The Simplex 4010 fire alarm control panel I just got currently has a trouble as my batteries are low on juice. For some reason when I leave my panel running at night with any trouble, at around midnight to 2 AM, the the panel starts going off with the same trouble even though I had acknowledged it the day before. I don’t believe this is normal. Does someone know what is going on? Do I have a certain setting turned on that makes the trouble re-appear when it is a new day on the clock of the panel? Seems very strange to me. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

I believe some panels will automatically resound for active conditions (alarm, trouble, supervisory, etc.) about 24 hours or so after first being acknowledged in order to remind you to correct them. I’ve been told that Silent Knight’s SK-5208 supposedly does this (though unlike you I don’t leave my panel, which is a 5208, on when I’m not using it, so I don’t know if it does this myself).

Perfect timing, it just did it again and it said this on the screen. Is there a way to turn this reminder feature off?

1 Like

Just figured it out and disabled it.

Well that’s good, glad there was a way to & you figured out how to do so.

1 Like