Simplex 4904-9355 Question

How do you wire and setup an addressable Simplex notification appliance device on a Simplex 4010 FACP; in my case a Simplex 4904-9355 strobe? I have never messed with addressable notification appliance devices before. I’m not sure if I have to set a certain device ID on it or if there is a certain way to wire it? Do I need additional parts?

1 Like

Yes it requires additional control… And they aren’t cheap. Here’s some information about it: https://www.simplex-fire.com/en/us/documentsandmedia/4009-0003.pdf

Essentially you need the 4009-9401 power supply which can communicate with these devices. I don’t see any information regarding any cheaper or more simple option sadly. Good luck, hope you can find one for a decent price, or if you have some other way to get parts that are being pulled out but in working condition, maybe you can stumble across one.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know Zach! Much appreciated!:smiley:

Normally these devices need to be on an addressable signaling power supply such as 4007ES (IDNAC), 4010ES (IDNAC), 4100ES panels with ES-PS (with IDNAC cards) or EPS power supplies. Also they need to be programmed like an idnet device(type, label, modes(volume, tone, candelas, etc…).

I’m pretty sure it will not work with a 4010 panel but you can try.