Simplex Alarm issues

I am testing the strobe and horn separately…

how much power are you putting into it are you using a 9 volts 24 volts

3x9v=27v

do you have wire or are you just taping the screw termnales

Basically this is how. They’re connected to the strobe terminals.

check make shure you have the plus on plus and the minus on minus

When I connect them to the strobe the strobe flashes. (As it should). But when I connect them to the horn the strobe flashes, but I don’t hear anything from the horn.

take the wire off the strobe and move them to the horn

Listen to nathan. He really knows, better than me, just saying.

I’m not doubting him. No worries.

Did you try both negative terminals? Can you make a video?

I found the problem with the 4903…the horn was found to be inoperable

That would explain the marker on it.

yep the X ment it was a faulty horn/strobe.

OKAY… Let me answer this since it seems like nobody knows about this signal.

1. The reason why the strobe flashes when you power the horn is because there are two jumper wires on the circuit board attached to the horn. Those are supposed to be cut if you intend to use the signal as a 4-wire signal.

1. You’re using 3x 9v batteries as your power source? I wouldn’t recommend that. The horn needs a lot more current due to the fact that it has an electromagnet. Are you sure your batteries are good? Test them on the 9838 horn I noticed you have. If that one sounds, then the mechanical horn on the 4903 is probably no good.

2. There’s a tab on the horn that allows you to adjust the hammer. CAREFULLY flex it up or down while the horn is powered, you may be able to get it to sound.

If all of this fails, the horn probably no longer works.
For your information, you can see how the horn is supposed to work on my website:
http://thefirepanel.com/howwork/mhorns.php
Scroll down to the last diagram – it is labeled as Type 3.

It’s dead. But no worries. I recently purchased a 9215 from a seller known as jjinc24 that works like a charm. If I can I will post a video of it being tested. :wink: