Simplex Parts other than Johnson Controls

Hi There,

I know there is another line of Simplex Fire Alarm Panels which are separate from the Johnson Control proprietary line. Does anyone know the name of the line and how to locate it?

Thanks

Well you have a few options, some panels support MX devices through a MX card. Addressable panels like the 4007ES can be programmed without a license, you just need the right programmer for the ES revision in the fire panel. Same with Simplex foundation series, similar to the 4007ES it does not require a license just the correct programmer.

You’re probably thinking of the “Autocall” line of products: both it & Simplex are owned by Johnson Controls & sell identical-looking products but Autocall devices are different from Simplex’s compatibility/addressable protocol-wise (I’ve been told they’re not proprietary unlike Simplex however).

Simplex and Autocall are almost the same, the only difference is programmers need to be the branded one for the panel and for devices/parts i think they are not inter-compatible. Going to Autocall is kind of a gamble as most of the used devices online are Simplex and might not work on a Autocall system and vice versa. Autocall parts have similar model numbers but start with an A.

https://www.autocall.com/