Smoke or Heat?

I’m thinking about creating a home fire alarm system and would like to put a detector in my attic but I have some problems #1 The attic temp in the summer ranges between 110° and 130°. #2 The attic is VERY dusty. which type of detector should I use?

Get a combo unit, like a Notifier FSP-851T

The lowest temperature most conventional heat detectors are set at is 135 degrees, so provided nothing goes wrong the attic temperature should be just barely short of the activation temperature. Manufacturers make higher-temperature heat detectors specifically for such applications though, such as ones set at 194 degrees.

Thermotech 302-EPM-195 Heat Detector is one that is rated for 195 degrees Fahrenheit that can survive in summer conditions.

(Side suggestion: if possible you might want to get a solar powered ventilation fan if your attic’s roof has any vents on top that will help keep it a bit more cool.)

This detector can be set from the interface from 135f all the way to 194f, when the panel reboots it goes back to default unless manually set to a specific temperature in programming.

Also a custom equation can be made to make it activate at much lower temperatures, an example is programming it for low temperature supervisory.

Simplex 4007es panel support those and the programmer does not require a license to make changes, just needs to match ES revision in the fire panel.

Pretty sure other brands like Edwards & Notifier make addressable heats whose activation temperature can be set as well: I personally would go with one of those since Simplex isn’t as good as it once was: in fact they’re nothing but extremely proprietary (& as a result a headache) these days, as many a customer & technician can attest to.

I was reading the list of all the panels you can use it with and I noticed the 2120.
I also don’t have an addressable Simplex Panel, I’m using a Notifier NFS2-3030.