Some old stuff at my church (no photos)

I was at my parish and I went into one of their utility closets to get a broom, and I found this 1960’s (maybe) Simplex FACP. Also in that same room was the biggest, most scratched up CO2 extinguisher I had ever seen. It was really cool. Post photos or describe the old stuff you’ve seen in the wild.

P.S. The Simplex panel was not in service.

1 Like

1960s Simplex FACP huh? Could be a 4211-series, 4217, 4245, 4246, or 4247 from what I’ve read.

2 Likes

Dayum, that is pretty damn noice

1 Like

Mmm-hmm! It is some cool stuff. I might try to get the panel and restore it. It is in pretty good condition already though.

1 Like

Yep. It is a 4211-series. I think.

1 Like

If you do get the system be sure to tell old school fire alarms about it! I went to the same high school is LeBron James, which has a rare, 4247–2 with an auto silence timer. OSFA will be doing a video on that school sometime in the near future, which will be the first Catholic school on the channel. There’s a small independent library north of Akron that has a similar system from 1964. (the former I’ve discussed on the. “what fire alarm do you have it work or school?” category, which I also have a video on my YouTube channel; the latter is on the fire alarms in buildings category) I would love to see that system in a fire museum if you don’t have the space for it.

1 Like

Well, the system is in the old parish school that was closed, but the building is still heavily used for parish events. For example, on October 29th of this year, I participated in the “Haunted Hallway” event, which is just a haunted house attraction that comes once a year, which takes place in that building and adjacent hallway. Therefore, the school is not abandoned. Also, the only non-replaced devices are a few Simplex T-bars and a 4903 horn. The rest are 270-SPO’s and TrueAlerts.

1 Like

By the way, I was scaring people in the event. But, back on topic!

What’s the video link?

go to January/February 2022 on the what fire alarm do you have at work or school? category. The video link is there.