Starting an Alarm company

Do you ever think to start your own alarm company? If so, What would your name be and what kind of technology would you use? The Honeywell stuff or the newer stuff. The newer stuff can be jammed, But your weird systems and RF can’t be. Would people still want Wired systems that can’t be hacked, But are smarter?
What are y’all’s thoughts?

1 Like

A middle ground between the two is probably the best. A traditional wired system with home automation capabilities.

3 Likes

My company would be Ryder Alarm Systems, I would most likely do both residential and commercial installations, ranging from Burglar and Fire Protection to Automation Systems. For wired, I would stick with Honeywell, since the Vista 20p’s are capable of lots. I would use 2gig systems for automation or if the customer wants wireless. Fire Alarms would also most likely be Honeywell’s Fire-Lite line of devices. I still need to figure out all of the logistics. I currently do Home Automation for my for family, as well as small scale installations, (I am installing a vista at my grandmas home for fire protection.)

2 Likes

Honestly, people are going to find a way to hack it, so you need to limit how much they can hack. If they can unlock the door, while not ideal, they at least shouldn’t be able to disable the alarm system.

1 Like

You can’t hack wired alarm systems, but you can hack wireless systems

1 Like

You know funnily enough I thought about setting up my own security system company and sourcing the components for alarm panels as well as getting panels from ADI UK and RS Components.
In terms of panels, for wired, I’d use Honeywell Galaxy panels as they have some automation capabilities, as well as custom made panels, as for wireless, probably Qolsys as ADT UK use them for their security systems.

2 Likes

I would start a company dedicated honestly to installing emergency lighting like exit signs, emergency lighting, and installing devices into panels to make exit signs flash, and emergency lights activate when the alarms sound, and it would meet UL-924 Standards, and I have NO idea what to name it, probably Milton installation

That would require lots of funds though…

I would make a company called “Orleans Fire and Security”
Set in New Orleans, installs commercial fire alarm systems, smoke alarm systems, and security detection systems. I would rebrand the SSX-51, 51S, 52, and 52S from amseco.