System Sensor CEILING TILES?!?!

So, I was cruising around System Sensor’s website, and saw this:
6165_27f6158cdcf03bf93acc1de801b16ed6
It’s a speaker/strobe ceiling tile. The screen is mesh to allow the sound out, and the strobe peeks through a hole in the tile. I’ve never seen anything like this. Any thoughts?

Site: System Sensor | Honeywell Building Technologies

2 Likes

That’s a really cool design; perfect for a client that wants a really low profile installation. Nice find!

2 Likes

Kind of weird in my opinion buts it’s cost effective.

2 Likes

I actually kinda like this design, I also think that they have this in low frequency sounder version too!

2 Likes

it’s a good idea, but i don’t see it becoming a hit like the SpectrAlert was

2 Likes

I’m a fan. I can see this getting used in places like museums and schools where you don’t want a fire alarm to necessarily stick out. This way, the strobe is the only thing sticking out of what is otherwise just a perforated ceiling tile. Imagine how low-profile it’d look if it was a thin LED strobe!

2 Likes

They have some new reading material on this now, so I’ll be binge-reading those.

2 Likes

I can see it becoming a hit

2 Likes

I can probably think that supermarkets, malls, and small business shops and restaurants using them.

These also come with labels that go around the strobe as well.

2 Likes

The only thing I worry about is the fact that a lot of ceiling tiles in buildings I’ve seen have water damage due to pipe leakages. Though I guess water could technically get into a normal ceiling mount device in the same way.

4 Likes

I wonder how much these cost