System Sensor has released low frequency sounder/strobes.

The sounder looks just like the one in the System Sensor sounder. Maybe it isn’t a speaker. Maybe it’s like the MASS.

Broadband sort of sounds like a Wheelock NS. Electromechanical sounds like a newer SGH or Commander 3. My favorite one is electromechanical though (obviously).

I should be geting an info packet about that from them before too long. I have requested more info.

Post whatever info that they give you then.

I will if it doesn’t come by next week I’m requesting it again and this time an agent will call me and I might record it but we will wait and see

Still a few weeks out till you can buy these. Getting them available to purchase through all ESD, SED, and ADI channels will take about 3-4 weeks.

Ask any questions you have about the new 520Hz sounders, can more than help.

How big/small are they compared to normal horn/strobe SpectrAlert Advances? Do they use the same universal mounting plate?

Do you work for system sencer?

For the wall units, they use the same universal mounting plate. This was done if you have an existing SpectrAlert device and need to comply with the new standard, it takes a few seconds to swap out.

If anyone was curious.

OK, I might not be totally correct on the mounting plate. The new 520Hz sounder/strobe is longer than the standard SpectAlert AV’s. The mounting plate design is the same but the actual plate dimensions are different. This is because a mini-speaker is used to produce the 520Hz tone.

Sorry for the confusion.

You’d think the mounting plate would be the same, and it would just not cover the entire unit, but I guess that’s not the case.

Ah, I guess my theory about the small speaker was correct.

That was mine

I forgot that you has stated it first, sorry about that.

Haha it’s fine lol hey now we now two great minds think alike

Once the product has been “officially” released will get some pictures of the unit and the comparison versus a standard AV.

How did you find this info???

BCarl is a Gamewell-FCI tech.

Of course, this also means we’ll have to keep an eye on the other NA manufacturer’s sites (Gentex, Cooper Wheelock, Edwards/EST, Potter, Simplex) to see when they come out with a 520Hz sounder/strobe and what they’ll look like.

Exactly