Transportation in your City!

I don’t know if anyone knows, I’m kinda a Road Geek as well as a Fire Alarm Nerd, So i wanted to start a thread entirely on your cities transportation!

For roads, I have 2 Interstates, 3 State routes, and that’s it… My city is mostly city streets. (As they are very anti-freeway.)

For Rail, We have the UPRR and Amtrak that runs through my downtown.

For Aviation, My city has an air Force Base and a Medium sized airport.

And for Metro for my city, they offer Buses and a newly built streetcar though the University and Downtown.

Compared to other cities its size, its transportation really lacks.

1 Like

Bus services are provided by Sun Tran and are operated by the City of Tucson.

Roadways are maintained by one of 3 government entities.

City Streets: TDOTM (Tucson Department of Transportation and Mobility

County Roadways: PCDOT (Pima County Department of Transportation

State Routes: ADOT (Arizona Department of Transportation).

Law Enforcement Services on these roadways are provided by 1 of 5 Law Enforcement Agencies.

City Roadways: Tucson Police Department

County Roadways: Pima County Sheriffs Department

State Routes: AZDPS Highway Patrol

Mount Lemmon: USFS Law Enforcement AND Pima County Sheriffs Mount Lemmon District.

Roadways in suburbs like South Tucson, Marana, Oro Valley, etc, are patrolled by their respective Law Enforcement Agencies

Emergency Response:

Tucson Roadways: Tucson Fire Department, American Medical Response (For BLS Transports)

County Roadways: One of 3 fire departments (Depending on what area of county.)
Rural Metro Fire Department
Northwest Fire District
Golder Ranch Fire District
American Medical Response/Southwest Ambulance (BLS Transports

State Roadways:
For I-10 near Downtown: Tucson Fire Department
For I-10 to I-19: Drexel Heights Fire District, Rural Metro Fire District , Green Valley Fire District, Rincon Valley Fire District.
For I-10 near Marana: Northwest Fire, Avra Valley Fire, Golder Ranch.

ADOT also does the Interstates as well.

New Construction of roads from Pima Country is run by RTA (Regional Transportation Authority), They do Bike Boulevards, Some Interchanges, but mostly rebuilding the street grid in some places.

Aviation Parkway (AZ210) Is TFD.

Most of western washington uses Sound Transit but for my county and Tacoma we primarly use Pierce Transit systems. I also live near Amtrak Cascades train service too.