Unknown Speaker

It looks like a Federal Signal speaker. Both speakers have five holes in the centre and are missing the same two or three holes on the grille’s outer edge. I believe Federal Signal used this grille with different types of speakers, so the one in your photo may not be the same model as the one shown in the link.

I took that picture at the Luxor hotel which has 4500 rooms. Each speaker costs 385 dollars. So, 4500 x 385 = 1732500, which means the Luxor spent 1.7 million dollars on speakers! Wow!

If that speaker is part of a hotel’s fire alarm system, I doubt it’s the same model as the one shown on the page I linked in my previous post, despite the baffle appearing to match. The one in your photo is probably a basic 25V or 70V SPA speaker similar to this one (I’m not 100% sure, but the one in your photo looks like it may not have the “FasTap” adjustment key on the baffle like the one in this listing).

Any fire alarm system on that scale is going to be in the millions of dollars, if not tens of millions. Between engineering, setting up multiple panels, thousands or tens of thousands of initiating devices, and massive notification capacity (especially for a voice system), it’s a huge job.

I’d say the hotel had to spend over $2 million on those speakers since it’s large public spaces also use the same speakers.

Not to mention they do get a lot of false alarms

If the building is bigger, it has more false alarms because there are more initiating devices.

Does anyone know what speaker this is?

These speakers are all around my city but I can’t find any documentation about the speaker online.

This speaker was used on a Simplex 2120 but it unfortunately it got replaced by a 4100ES in 2020. They kept these speakers and didn’t replace them.

1 Like

NGL this thread feels like that one person on kyles server on discord who kept asking for months “i really need to know the model of this speaker” and we find out its like just a generic or something (I don’t remember) then she keeps asking.
I was actually going to get a 120V MT from them but their parents would not allow it.