Unknown Speaker

Can anyone tell me the brand and model of this speaker? Picture:

spk2

2 Likes

Electro vox maybe??.

1 Like

I want to know as well, as many of my schools in my district have these as well as my school.

1 Like

I want to say it is some sort of generic intercom speaker, since I have seen it in multiple different systems from dukane to telecor. Maybe it is just my school district tho, (they often retrofit things.)

1 Like

This speaker is located at a school, lol

1 Like

The speaker pictured is used in a rauland system.

1 Like

After a lot of searching, I found out it’s a Atlas Sound VP161A

2 Likes

YES!!! These intercom speakers have been in all of the schools in my district, I could never figure out what they were, however.

2 Likes

They are also vandal-proof too

2 Likes

I think i Know why there are 4 speakers in the courtyard at our school. The Flush ones are for the Stage Audio system and the ones on boxes are for the Intercom system.

1 Like

Those speakers are very common on the outside of schools. My district tends to use Telecor but Atlas is also compatible with the system.

2 Likes

Also, does anyone know what speaker this is:

2 Likes

I believe that it is some sort of Wheelock speaker.

1 Like

That’s probably a wheelock e90-w

1 Like

That looks like an EST 964/965-series speaker. The grille’s hole pattern is rather distinctive (pre-GS Mirtone QSB speakers also used a very similar design), and the shape of the baffle appears to match.

EST also used a different grille design for these speakers; perhaps this variant is newer.

1 Like

Actually now that I’ve seen one of those est speakers I think you’re right. But that speaker kinda look like a wheelock e90

2 Likes

When did the Wheelock E90 and the EST 964/965 come out? The building where i took the pictures was built somewhere between 1994-1997.

1 Like

The EST 964/965-series speakers have been around since at least 1995. This document, which has a copyright date of 1995, features a datasheet for the 964/965 speakers (at page 50).

2 Likes

What’s this speaker:

2 Likes

I think that’s also a Wheelock e90 series speaker

1 Like