Unlisted Fire Alarm videos made before 2017 are in danger

Hey everyone. So YouTube going to be doing is there going to do is turn any unlisted videos that were uploaded before January 1st 2017. I had a playlist which I haven’t released yet and that’s going to be canceled.
Here’s the video explaining this change https://youtu.be/l6UHS1-vDMM
How does that effect us: The videos which have been unlisted (that are uploaded before 2017) are going to be privatized which in result we won’t see the video on unlisted videos going forward.
How does it effect everyone else: That means the choice you own adventure videos or videos that prioritize unlisted videos are ultimately cannot be seen anymore. Also it will effect people on a bigger scale. This change is deleting history.
There’s a opt out form to make you unlisted videos still unlisted. We need to tell YouTube this is not ok. If you’re someone who has old unlisted videos. Please take the opt out form to save your videos for people to enjoy.

3 Likes

I agree 100%, Youtube has ticked its’ users off before, but this is too much. We have to finally put our foot down & let them know that we have had enough of their crap. Never mind simply opting out: we need to do something to convince them not to follow through on this completely unnecessary change.

1 Like

I agree. Fire Susan.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m definitely all for that, in fact, if I was made Youtube CEO I’d know exactly what to do to get the site back on track (& of course unlike Youtube’s current employees I’d actually listen to community complaints/suggestions).

1 Like

How could YouTube do that? That is wrong and we need to stop them deleting these wonderful fire alarm videos, they should not be allowed to do that!

It’s not just fire alarm videos. It’s all unlisted videos. We have to get the word out.

1 Like

I know right my new friend, YouTube has given us crap before, we need to get the word out about this unnecessary video deletion by YouTube LLC a Google LLC subsidiary.

@Dr.Exquisite YouTube is literally giving its’ users crap because that is typical of YouTube.

I’ll try to save some of the videos (Mostly NewAgeServerAlarm’s) before the July 23rd deadline. There is no guarantee, but I will try! I’ll also save SoccerDude7330’s unlisted videos, too.

2 Likes

Anyone know a good YouTube video downloader online that won’t cause malware? I haven’t started archiving videos yet, I now have a very quick deadline to get this done so any quick response helps a ton!

1 Like

I use Viddly: Viddly - Free YouTube Downloader and Converter for Windows.

1 Like

Currently in the process of Downloading All the videos at once using Viddly, thanks CarsonForeAlarm for suggesting it, it will cut down the time it takes to get all of this done quick!

If someone can help me find more unlisted videos and the rest of Soccerdude7330’s unlisted videos, that would help me a lot.

One NASA video I’m trying to find is the one where he is in the kitchen and the Heat Detector got wet because of rain or snow, I couldn’t find it.

2 Likes

Ah yes, been looking for that one too, unfortunately I have not found any playlists that contain it.

I remember quite a few of NewAge’s videos that can’t be found easily anymore, most of which are privated, deleted, or unlisted. One of them is the video where he hears an annunciator beeping outside the window or something of a building. One of the only things I remember clearly from it (as it’s been so long since I’ve seen it) is this comment: “That piezo sounds wonky”.

1 Like

All done! Every video I have listed has been saved so far.

If any more video have been found, send me the links to them.

1 Like

This is some unlisted FA videos in general. https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDjd9wNEgzvtuXBqOdCxtL5bkXIj1aHjB

1 Like

Some confusion as to what’s going on here… unlisted means it’s accessible by using the link even without signing in but is hidden from search results.
This change is a Google-wide security improvement to prevent unlisted URL’s from being guessed. (my guess would be that a security code is added to the URL in addition to the video ID.)
Remember that privatization can be reversed.

Google Drive is making a similar change too for files that are shared with “Anyone with the link”.

1 Like

In my opinion Youtube deciding to private all non-opted-out unlisted videos is complete crap; the site worked absolutely fine before & it would even if they didn’t do the former. When it comes to reversing, that’s exactly what I would do if I were CEO: immediately reverse ALL the privatizations, however of course I do hope that there’d be sort of a “list” of previously-unlisted videos so I’d know which ones to unprivate. In fact, this decision by Youtube is literally violating free choice: Youtube made the decision to do this WITHOUT the consent of ANYONE.

I noticed that: that apparently it’s now impossible to share files with everyone on Google Drive, when I know I previously did so before.

In short: blame Google.

1 Like

Only one day left until the July 23rd deadline.

Interesting? The videos are still unlisted but not privated! Unless it takes place after July 23rd

2 Likes

Here we are at 12:02 AM on the 24th and there still up. I think it may due to the fact that the video were public before but I really don’t know.

1 Like