Vista 20P Chime zone configuration

I have a Vista20p with 7 zones configured, 5 wired and 2 RF. The RF expansion board is the only add-on from Honeywell but I have an AlarmDecoder attached that listens to the alarm bus and passes serial data to my home automation system.

My issue is that when we leave either or both of the doors that have the rf connection open and a motion zone triggers and then returns to off the AlarmDecoder or the integration to Home Assistant decides that the door was opened when it likely was open for hours. My automation then is triggered and I chime the phones or wall depending on where we are at. Lots of chimes on these nice fall days LOL.

[list=]

• Is there a way to turn off the reporting of one zone in the alarm panel? Is this a function of the rf that it seems to constantly be checking the sensor status? If I wired the sensor (which would definitely involve cutting access holes in the drywall and taking down some vintage trim..... Would that for sure address this?
  • [/list]

Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

in programming for the zone, on a 6160 style keypad you will find reporting.
    i dont know how to turn that off though

2 Likes

Late response, I hope this helps some. You might a case of conflicting hardware. You might have a case of conflicting RF Transmitters. You might a case of bad programming. I’m not at your alarm panel, so I can’t see whether you have something wired wrong, programmed wrong on the vista system, the decoder, or the home automation controller. It can be done with Vista systems, but they tend to be tricker than something like the DSC PowerSeries NEO intergrated into the Alarm.com app/Z-Wave automation setup.

Did you accidentally program both RF devices as the same zone? Do you have multiple 6160 RF keypads on this system? Have you read the instructions and product compatibility sheets of each piece of hardware? I know that some architecture is harder to fish than others, which is probably why you went wireless with the doors. Wired zones that are installed in accordance with UL standards, NFPA 70 (National Electrical Code), and NFPA 731 (Standard for the Installation of Electronic Premises Security Systems), and that are programmed in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions are always more reliable than wireless devices.

You might have to call tech support if you couldn’t figure it out going step by step troubleshooting. It’s your system, so you’ll know it better than any of us would without being onsite to look. Good luck. Side note, bounder97 has a super informative series on Vista systems.