Watch poll

How do you (if you wear one) wear your watch?

• I wear a watch the regular way (face on top of wrist)
  • I wear a watch upside down (buckle on top of wrist)
  • I never wear a watch
0 voters

<URL url="Watches text=“viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5321”>Watches

I made this post several months ago about how I always wear my watch with the buckle side on top of my wrist if its a leather band or plastic band watch. I guess I think it looks cool to wear things backwards. I should have included a poll like I did in my hat post. So here’s the poll.

I wear my watch the “normal” way, but I wear it on my right wrist even though I’m right handed.

I wear mine normal and on the left wrist. I’m right handed.

I’m a righty as well but i don’t wear a watch.

I’m left handed but I wear my watch on my left hand. I started wearing it buckle side on top several years ago when I was 16. Probably a third of the kids wore a watch and there were a few other kids that wore them buckle on top like me. I wore a watch with a brown leather band, my girlfriend’s mom seen how I wore it buckle on top so she gave me an old plastic Swatch watch that they had from around 1990, she said 20 years ago it was cool to wear Swatch watches buckle on top. My Swatch has a plain black plastic band, but I think it looks cool with the buckle on top of my wrist. I switch off between the plastic Swatch and the leather band watch. I also have an all metal watch that I wear when I need to dress up nice, I wear that one the regular way but when I wear my leather band watch or plastic band watch I always wear it buckle side on top.

I don’t wear a watch at all. If I did, I would probably fidget with it.

When I was in 6th and 7th grade, I wore a watch on the right wrist face up (despite being right-handed).
In 7th grade, it was synced with the middle school’s master clock using only the occasional bell toll (the master clock was hidden and there were no slaves.
Then, the battery died and I stopped wearing them.

I started wearing them when I got my first one from a kid’s meal (I think from Burger King) in the 3th grade. Once I finally broke it in the 4th grade, I realized that a watch was very helpful, and got a better one for the following Christmas. In the 5th grade, I seemed to press one of the buttons against my desk a lot, causing a loud beep in a quiet room. I then had to click the button a few more times to get it to display the time. This happened a lot. After a while, I found it annoying, unnecessary, and kind of dorky, then stopped wearing it. I haven’t worn a watch in 5 years, and have been fine.

The Burger King watch that you got. Was it a Rugrats one from the movie?

I don’t think so, but I forgot what it was. That was about 7 years ago, so I’m not sure when that movie came out.

I’m betting the Simpsons movie.

It wasn’t the Simpsons movie watches, but they looked just like this:

I think it was Star Wars…

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that the watches were “Star Wars”.

I got my brother Tyler a watch for his high school graduation present, nothing fancy, just a plastic watch. He never wore a watch before, he put it on with the buckle side on top of his wrist. I thought he did that because that’s how I wear mine, but he said he would of did it anyway. He always wears his snap-back hat backwards, he said the buckle part of the watch looks cool on the top of the wrist just like the plastic snap of his hat looks cool on the front of his head. It’s funny since I started wearing a snap back hat backwards so the snap on the front of my head will go good with the buckle side of my watch that’s on the top of my wrist.

Aren’t you about 20 years old??

I really don’t see what his age has to do with his preferences.

Oh, it has alot to do with… well everything…

What adult wears a snapback? BACKWARDS for that mater…

What adult worries about the cool way to wear a watch?

*Facepalm
He can do what he wants with his style. Just sayin.

facepalm

I was under the impression this was an open discussion.

I personally feel “adults” who wear snapbacks, especially backwards are a little … immature. Add to that someone who wants to “look cool” and worries about the way a watch faces.

You have an opinion and so do I. Just because it may ruffle your feathers does not make it any less valuable. However, as someone living and working in adult land I can tell you that my opinion is probably not so far off from the norm.

I started wearing my watch with the buckle side on top when I was 16, I just thought it looked cool to wear a watch with a plastic or leather band that way. Yes, I’m in my early 20’s now and I still think it looks cool so that’s still the way I wear it. I don’t think that is immature to wear it like that just because I think it looks cool that way. About the hats I always got a lot of grief over how I wore my hats, when I was in high school I wore them backwards with the brim to the side, I college I wore them forwards with the brim to the side. I admit that may look a little immature, but I just had to tell people that’s the cool way for kids to wear it. Now that I’m in my early 20’s I know I should be looking more mature, and I never wear a hat most of the time, but when I do I usually wear a snap back backwards, I just like the way it looks and feels even though it may look immature, I don’t think it is too immature looking, I think its more mature than sideways.