Weather Woes Vol. 3

It actually did nothing at all in my town. The sun was out almost all day, not even a sprinkle. The only places that recieved any damage were North Andover and Worcester.

I heard that storm too! It came through my town and woke me up around 3:15AM! I had my ears blocked as the lightning flashed over and over again very quickly. It was loud and scary, thankfully, the power didn’t go out and the house wasn’t struck. However, the center of the storm was right near me as the lighting and thunder came around the same time.

Also, the tornado watch was scary to hear about, also, hail was forecasted too. Although, neither of those happened.

I don’t usually get too worked up over a tornado watch. I know what clouds to look for in the event of severe weather. There were some ominous looking clouds early in the afternoon, but afetr 4:00 there were mostly higher, flatter looking clouds that signified nothing was going to happen. The only tornado warning was up in Maine after a funnel cloud was reported, but I don’t know if anything ever came of it.
As for that storm last night, I knew it was decent because I started to see flashes of lightning at about 1:00 A.M. when I went to bed. Radar indicated the storm was around Springfield (about 50 miles away). Anytime I can witness a storm that far away, I know its of good size. After drifting off to sleep, I woke up at a quarter past 2 to see frequent lightning and an almost constant rumbling. I can best describe the lighning as vivid, I wish I had been awake enough to take a vid.

I NEVER wake up to thunder. This morning I was awoken around 2amish to my entire room being lit up by lightning I do not have any window shades as the ocean is my neighbor lol and I do not wake up to sunshine. The fact that it woke me up and the size of what I witnessed last night it was a pretty serious storm here on the coast as well. I stood and watched it for a bit before falling asleep again. I LOVE storms like that I wish it happened more often.

A sudden flash of bright light lighting up your bedroom… I wonder if a fire strobe could wake you? lol.

I can tell you from experience that I sleep through fire alarms lol.

Here we go again - tornado watches have just been issued, and this time there HAVE been tornado warnings issued. There’s so much sheer in the atmosphere that it’s causing the storms to rotate, and thus, the warnings being issued. It’s been dark and raining here all morning, but the storms seem to be heading this way…

My prediction for this area: We will get absolutely jack s***. I will never wish for severe weather to pass right over me, but a decent thunderstorm would be nice. It just seems that this area has a “thunderstorm shield” over it. Everything just deflects around the Worcester metro.

Well, the second line just came through, and no tornadoes. The first line was a bit more powerful (actually caused the lights to flicker and my 4001 to go into trouble briefly), but it’s all done with for now (thankfully).

Strong thunderstorms in Bloomington, IN. Might produce a tornado.

I heard that there was 6 inch diameter hail coming out of those storms!

The has just plain sucked around here today. We are right under a warm front, so all day has been clouds, fog, and pouring rain.

Same here. A bit drier for tomorrow, but more showers and storms tomorrow afternoon through Monday morning.

Not a single thunderstrom today, just weather I can best describe as being suitable for coastal regions in April. :frowning:

We had a nasty thunderstorm roll through today. A BIG tree up the road was struck by lightning and we lost power for about 4 hours. I took some pics and a video of the storm, maybe I’ll post later.

Well, in my neck of the woods (houton, texas) huricane Alex is hitting the coast tomorrow on close to corpis christi, and about five of my friends are sailing on a two-week sail down there (from the galviston coast to the USS Lexington). I would have gone myself if Alex was not currently hitting the coastline. (LOL, I’m a hurricane! :lol: )

Right now, we have unusually cool conditions (temps upper 60s to around 70; average for this time of year is 80) going on, but we’re heading for a BIG heatwave for the holiday weekend! In the northeast, a “heatwave” is defined as three or more consecutive days of 90 degree or higher temperatures. Right now it’s looking like we’ll have a 4-day heatwave on our hands starting Sunday (the 4th) at 91, Monday 93, Tuesday 94, and Wednesay at 92! Not much humdity for Sunday or Monday, but we will have it for Tuesday and Wednesday, which means it is going to feel REALLY hot! 8)

I’m liking the sounds of that Dan! It’s a real shame there won’t be thunderstorms to go with it, the lawn is drying out big time.

Well, Alex hit the coast line today and so far it has not rained where I am. The hurricane hit arround the mexico/Texas border and is now just a tropical depression. Im thinking that I will get heavy rain today or tomorrow, but with my luck I wont get any :frowning:

We aren’t expecting rain any time soon. The lawn is turning brown and crunchy and the temps are predicted to be between 90-100 over the weekend and into next week. It’s going to look like a desert around here soon.

It’s going to be close to 100 both today and tomorrow. Add in the high humidity and we are going to roast. Day 11 since last rain, and still none in sight for the next few days.