What alarm do you have at work/school

Figured I’d finally tell y’all about the systems in the places I’ve worked and went to school. For confidentiality/privacy, I can’t disclose building names, sorry!

Elementary School

Old System

Panel: Older Notifier MD/4812 panel as depicted here

NAs: Simplex 4051, or Notifier equivalent. School was an open classroom layout, so these were spread out in the hallways and every so often throughout the open classroom space. Other rooms that had alarms were the gym/cafeteria/auditorium, library, music classroom (which was pretty small), kitchen, and the boiler room. Notably all notification devices were original to the building, none of them having been replaced.

Pulls: Notifier BNG-1, old style

Smokes: Not sure, heats: Chemetronics black/silver “nipple” heats

New System (installed in 2019, way after I left the school):

Panel: Simplex 4007ES

NAs: Simplex TrueAlerts (probably ES)

Smokes/heats: Simplex TrueAlarms

Middle School

You guys are gonna like these systems.

Building A

Panel: Probably an older Edwards panel (such as 6500)

Pulls: Edwards 270-SPOs along with Simplex 4251-20s, I believe some were replaced with Simplex 2099 single-action non-addressable T-bars where the 270s wore out

NAs: Most were Edwards Adaptahorns on light plates with red lights - see the picture below. This is not a pictures of the actual school’s alarms, it’s one I found on the internet. Don’t know the model numbers. Sounded in continuous, lights steady. There was one TrueAlert (continuous) and one Wheelock MT set to whoop in the upper floor hallway. In 2012, TrueAlerts were added to the gym locker rooms which previously had no alarms. No alarms in classrooms or bathrooms, except for the library which had an Adaptahorn+light plate.

Smokes/heats: Don’t remember

Building B

Panel: Probably an older Edwards or Simplex panel (6500, 4208)

Pulls: 270-SPOs and Simplex 4251-20 single-action T-bars

NAs: A mix of the aforementioned Adaptahorns/light plates and TrueAlerts. Likely set to continuous. I never heard the alarms sound in this building. Alarms in hallway (Adaptahorns) and tech classroom, music classrooms, auxiliary gym (2 TrueAlerts), agriculture classroom, machine shop (Adaptahorn), and boiler room (TrueAlert).

Building C

Panel: Unsure, could also be another older Edwards panel

Pulls: Mostly 270-SPOs, with the occasional 4251-20 or 2099 T-bar

NAs: Outside the Adaptahorns/light plates, lots of Wheelock alarms here. Several MTs and I think an NS. There was also an Edwards Pre-Integrity in one of the hallways, interestingly mounted sideways.

High School

Panel: Two Simplex 4100Us networked together, one controlling each half of the school. There are annunciators for each panel at the front entrance of the school.

Pulls: Simplex 4099-9006 addressable dual-action T-bars

NAs: Simplex TrueAlert horn/strobes in hallways, remote strobes in bathrooms and most classrooms. Classrooms and areas that have horns include graphic design, photography, drafting, cosmetology, agriculture, robotics, woodshop, cafeteria, auditorium, gym, weight room, wrestling practice room, locker rooms, art rooms, band room, music room, and theatre classroom/backstage area. Sounded in code 3.

Smokes: Simplex TrueAlarms, above fire doors and at elevators

College

Way too much to put in here, will be coming in a separate post.

Work 1: College Bookstore

Panel: Simplex 4100U

Pulls: Simplex 4099-9006 addressable dual-action T-bars

NAs: Simplex TrueAlert speaker/strobes and strobes, wall and ceiling mounted

Smokes: Simplex TrueAlarms, spread out over bookstore as it doesn’t have sprinklers

Work 2: Office Building 1

Old System

Panel: Cerberus Pyrotronics SXL

Pulls: Cerberus Pyrotronics MS-51

NAs: Cerberus Pyrotronics EH horn/strobes in main area, not in leased spaces though

Smokes/Heats: Unknown

New System

Panel: Newer Honeywell-branded Silent Knight system

Pulls: Honeywell-branded BG-12s

NAs: System Sensor L-Series, L-Series everywhere! This time, also in leased spaces. Strobes in bathrooms.

Smokes/Heats: Unknown

Work 3: Office Building 2 (Current)

Panel: Simplex 4010

Pulls: Simplex 4099-9004 single-action addressable T-bars

NAs: Simplex TrueAlerts, wall and ceiling mounted, with one Wheelock Exceder strobe in my office area