What alarm do you have at work/school

Today my brother and I checked out the Oscar F. Raymond elementary school, where one of my brother’s friends went for grades 1-6. This school is virtually almost identical to the Edgar B. Davis K-8 school, which I’ve mentioned numerous times on this website and took pics of here:

<URL url="Fire alarm pics from my elementary school! (Updated 9/15!)

Differences between the two schools are the size and location of the blacktops and ball fields, the playground equipment, the walls outside are bright yellow instead of dark brown, the sides of the roof are mainly blue and green instead of blue and red like the Davis, the carpeting in many of the places are blue and not red, and many of the doors are mainly either solid light blue or green with a red or blue stripe (instead of dark blue doors with red or light blue stripes), and the way the bells and fire alarms are arranged/installed is a little different too.

But the bell, clock and fire alarm systems at the Raymond school use the exact same components as the Davis school. The bells are 6-inch gray Simplex bells behind grilles inside, and the outdoor bells are 10-inch Simplex bells behind grilles. The fire alarm system features a Simplex 4208 or similar system, Simplex 4051 horns on 4050-80 light plates with no “FIRE” lettering (I’m not sure if they are 4050s or 4051s, but since the Davis has 4051s, I assume that the Raymond has 4051s too), Simplex 4251-30 break-glass pulls and a graphic annunciator similar to the one at the Davis in the main entrance. I didn’t see any ceiling-mount initiating devices, but I’m willing to bet they have Chemtronics heat detectors like the Davis school does. And I’m not sure if the hallways that had Edwards 270-SPO pulls at the Davis have 270-SPOs at the Raymond either, and I don’t know if the Raymond has an SAE horn/light in the small gym like the Davis. However, the way the 4051 horns are installed into the light plates is kinda interesting; they are mounted deeply into the light plates and almost look like they are flush-mounted, unlike at the Davis where the 4051s stick out a bit like most install jobs like this are. Not only that, but that area at the Davis school that has that awkward 4051/4050-80 install job…

This type of install job does not exist at that section of the Raymond; the 4051 is installed into the 4050-80 light plate like all the others are.

1 Like