What are the best online places to get alarms?

Just looking for some trusted stores/sites…
Anyone use this?

Looks legit. Never used them, but from what I’ve seen they provide legitimate contact info on their “About Us” page.
I would be careful though.

I DM’ed Fire-Lite on Twitter to get some answers. I’ll keep y’all posted.

To see how official they are? And do you mean like the firelite.com Fire-Lite? Thanks anyways. :smiley:

@FireLiteAlarms DM’d me back and said that it is not owned by them. They know about it, though. I would be careful when using that site.

Thanks.
Because i don’t use Twitter, can you ask what the aprox. price range for a BG-12 is? Just so i have a baseline.

Keep in mind that while that website looks legit… it may not be. It looks like it’s using a “canned” online store system with the default template. It’s easy to set up an online store and try to scam people.

Here’s the list of red flags I get from looking through that website –

1. No SSL connection… (https).
  2. No endorsements by VeriSign, PayPal, TRUSTe etc… these are organizations that check online stores’ security to make sure transactions are secure.
  3. No user account required for ordering – can lead to issues if something were to go wrong with the order.

I’d recommend you stay away from that website.

Back to the OP’s question… here’s a few places I know of.

1. eBay – just look around, you can often get deals here.
  2. TC Life Safety – has some great prices on Fire-Lite, Silent Knight, and lots of other brands.

Also, for lilrags, the approximate retail price of a stripped down, bottom-of-the-line, basic trim level, lowest grade, entry level, least complicated model (lol) is…
$22 for a Fire-Lite BG-12

If you haven’t already, take a look at <URL url="Places to get alarms...]this topic[/url] for some different online stores and auctions that sometimes have alarms.

Thanks. I like TClifesafty a lot. Use them for other stuff. Any where were if i was stupid could buy a new panel. TC’s page has a error.

TC actually used to share a building with Space Age, but according to their website, have recently moved. Both used to be within walking distance of my house, but now TC is still within a 25 minute drive. :stuck_out_tongue:

Cool. I know they get there stuff from ADI. We should change your title to “The Fire Alarm King” :wink: :lol:

Not a bad idea…

I’ve gotton all 5 of my alarms off eBay

…really?