What security system do you have?

here is the Keypad to my house’s security system. I don’t know what model of dsc system it is

1 Like

More than likely it’s probably a Power832 like the one in our former house (it even had the exact same keypads as that one).

I used to have a Napco Gemini system, but now I have a Ring alarm

My aunt on my dad’s side has a napco Gemini system in her house

Cool, I really like the designs of the keypads (probably of the nostalgia)

Yeah. I like the design of the keypad too

I like the keypad design of the interlogix concord system.

1 Like

I also like the design of the radionics/Bosch d223 keypad . The design of the keypad reminds me of one of these

I used to have a Honeywell Vista 20p at my old house. All of the security components were removed but the siren, panel, smoke detectors. Haven’t seen that system in about 8 years. My current home has a ring alarm system (1st gen).

1 Like

I like the look of old keypads in general, such as the 6150. Certain newer ones look good to such as the previously mentioned interlogix keypads, the 6160, and some newer Bosch ones.

Yeah. Older keypads just look better

Currently, the main security system I have set up is a Honeywell L5100, with an Ademco 1024 that’s original to the house still standing (but unplugged). The 1024 has an external dialer, as well as a keypad decoder and fire alarm module, though the fire module is disconnected as I’m using the wiring as a zone on my MS-10UD.

1 Like

I have a Vista 20p RF Keypad (6160), With a Vista 20p Wiring Panel, A wired door contact and a Vista RF Motion. I plan to add a fire pull station too.

I recently installed a DSC PowerSeries PC1616 in my house. I have it integrated with my local Home Assistant server, which works very well. Currently using all wireless devices, but will probably install some motion detectors in the basement on wired, or what I like to call “hardware zones”.

The LCD keypad is a must for programming. Makes it so much easier.

Originally was going to go with a Neo HS2032, but learned that it wouldn’t work with Home Assistant.

I actually have both of those security panels myself, one of which (the PC1616) was pulled out of the house of an elderly couple who weren’t using it & thus didn’t need it anymore (I still have to go & get the keypad along with any other components left behind at their house at some point though)

Sorry for the small bump, just wanted to share mine.

Honeywell Vista 15p with a 6160RF keypad in the garage I plan on adding a second keypad in the house sometime soon. As for sensors, a 5816 on the garage exterior door and 2 5800MINI sensors on the front door and the sliding door. There is a 5800PIR-RES sensor in the house and the garage. There is also one Simplex pull station (the model number escapes me at the moment) and a system sensor 2WTR-B.

Before you all roast me about the way this 5816 is installed, it was the only way.

2 Likes

I like that pull station

1 Like

Just noticed that it’s a standard security system aside from the added pull station, nice job! (at least if you put it in) Good choice with the i3 too (are there more elsewhere? There probably should be if there aren’t). As for that one 5816, as long as it works.

That’s a Simplex 2099-9139, which is a rebranded Sigcom SG-42SK. Simplex supposedly rebrands them for outdoor/weatherproof purposes as they don’t make a metal pull station of their own.

Thanks! I did it all myself and I’m really happy with how it came out. That is the only smoke on the system currently, though I plan on adding some Honeywell wireless smokes at some point soon. Adding a pull station in a residential system is actually common practice in my area so I just thought I’d add it in to mine.

You’re welcome! :smiley:

You did? Impressive!

Ah okay (though just the same you could use wired ones as well).

Really? Interesting…