What security system do you have?

I have a DSC Power Series 832 in my house, and a Honeywell/Ademco Vista20P in my room. Whats yours?

2 Likes

I think our previous house had a DSC Power Series security system, forget the exact model though. (might have been same one as yours however) Our current house has no security system for some reason.

1 Like

I installed a Vista-128BPT. Mainly for flexibility of partitions.

3 Likes

Vista 20p with 18 zones hooked to it.

1 Like

Oh cool, I guess yours has a expander module?

1 Like

No. I am using zone doubling.

1 Like

Oh, I see. How can you do zone doubling? Also is it for wired zones or wireless?

1 Like

Zone doubling is used a for wired only.
I will PM you on how to set it up.

1 Like

I have an ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 Basically a Vista 20P. Theres no siren but I did hook up a System Sensor MASS to it which is loud enough so far. Im planning on getting a new siren in the future.

2 Likes

The house I grew up in has a DSC system from about 2001, when the house was built. I don’t know the exact model of the panel, but I know that the keypad is the PC1555RKZ.

1 Like

I grew up entirely under the Caddx (which became GE Security, and is now Interlogix) brand of alarm systems.

First of which was the Ranger 8600E with the more “fancier” keypads. A very basic system.

When I moved to my new house, we had a GE Networx 8V2 panel which I ended up having to replace because the panel decided to flip out. I had to expand the system anyways, so we just replaced it with another Interlogix Networx 8V2.

2 Likes

Our family used to have a Brinks system. Poor install, only protected the back door and nothing else. We were burglarized and they sent the police but nothing came of it. I think we deactivated the system shortly thereafter.

1 Like

UK made security alarm

2 Likes

I have a Vista 20P Security Panel

1 Like

I hooked up an old DSC Power832 in my tool shed; pulled it from a residential client because zones 1 and 2 were bad. I’ll eventually upgrade, but in the meantime I was a helper and I couldn’t even afford to spend $35 for a second hand panel from eBay. I’ve had it almost a year now, still no false alarms and it works fine. Best way to practice is to do it yourself and learn from your mistakes.

1 Like

I believe that’s the exact same panel our previous house had, though we never used it (however the siren went off one time supposedly due to a power outage somehow making the panel malfunction). I have several security panels in my collection, one of which is a DSC PowerSeries Neo HS2032 that I can now use since I recently got some resistors for the zones.

The Neo is a great choice, and is much more user-friendly than the older models of PowerSeries panels. They all use the same EOL resistors and the terminal strips is congruent, so it makes for a seamless panel swap. Sometimes, the PC5010 really hates it went you power cycle it. I like this panel because it’s in a tool shed which does get hot from time to time.

Interesting topic … hope you all keep it going. I have a Vista 50P in my house. It has some rudimentary automation capability we use when we are away. Lights turn on and off on timers. Makes it look like we are home when we aren’t.

1 Like

We have a DSC Power 832 that is non-functional in the master bedroom and a Interlogix at the entrance, with the chime on so it will beep every time a door that leads outside is opened.

1 Like

Honeywell Vista-15PSIA main panel, Wave2 Siren & 6150RF keypad.