Whelen?

How do YOU pronounce Whelen?

• Weh-len
  • Whee-len
  • Wha-len
0 voters
1 Like

I say “Weh-len” as I’ve been told that’s the proper way to say it.

1 Like

yeah me too thats what made more sense to me

1 Like

Just realized: I think a better phonetic spelling of the correct way to say “Whelen” would be “Wail-en”, the first part of which just so happens to fit with the kind of products they make! (this may be why they went with such a name to begin with)

1 Like

Actually, it was named after its founder, George Whelen.

https://www.whelenmassnotification.com/about-whelen/

Ah, okay. Still neat that the right way to say it has the word “wail” in it though.

1 Like

This has nothing to do with how to pronounce Whelen, but it seems like Notifier might start to rebrand Whelen’s sirens:

1 Like

I don’t know how much Whelen will like that unless Notifier has permission because Whelen has never let other companies rebrand or even get close to their designs before. (Other than A.C.A.)

Alertronic.
They also ripped off FS.

THE CABINETS STILL SAY WHELEN!!! AND, THE SHEET IS PRACTICALLY THE SAME AS WHELEN’s! Why can Notifier not do ANYTHING to it?

Exactly. Notifier is doing the same thing ATI did with FS’s Modulator. ATI just photoshoped the Modulator onto their own brochure. Now Notifier is using something that doesn’t even relate to fire protection and not even changing the name. Even the model numbers are the same.

Well, look at ASC’s website. THEY have a near copy of the Modulator.

Technically the Modulator is a near copy of the siren (I-Force) because the I-Force came out long before the Modulator being it was originally released as the Quadren and renamed when ACA became ASC.

1 Like

i thought ACA went out fo buissnus

1 Like

Nope. They went bankrupt and were reorganized into ASC.

oooooh I see I got the impression that they went under

1 Like

Same thing with Kidde (possibly). They filed for bankruptcy, but they will probably not be liquidated and broken up, but they may be reorganized.

we will just have to see how that goes

1 Like

I don’t think that notifier is going to rebrand them. I think notifier may have a partnership with Whelen though, for integration into each other’s systems. They may also be considered a supplier.