Wierd voice evac

Does anyone know this voice evac panel?

2 Likes

Guesses by members of the community include the Honeywell W940, the Honeywell FS90, & the FCI FireVac III. No one seems to know for sure though.

That’s an cool whoop tone!!

Indeed: very unique for sure, as is the voice message.

I’ve seen that a long time ago, although I think the system would be a Potter system since there is another video with the same voice but similar script. Gentex Commander horn strobes can also be heard in this as well but definitely not an EVAX from what I know.

1 Like

Got a link to the video you mentioned? I’m not sure I’ve come across another video featuring such a message.

I remember it was at a large mall but somehow I can’t find it.

1 Like

There’s a video out there of the fire alarm going off at Harrah’s Las Vegas (circa 2014) that could be this exact system, not sure if it’s around, but back then, the hotel still had N/As of the same era as this one, the new system sounds like a Notifier

1 Like

Got a link? All I can find are these two Youtube videos: one doesn’t have the same tone or message (it’s said that they’re from the Cerberus Pyrotronics/Wheelock DV-100 though), & the other doesn’t have the alarm sounding at all!

1 Like

No, the Harrah’s video is just an MXL (with the DMC-1 message card, which was introduced in 1998.)
Before 1998, the MXL used the DV-100 to store and generate the messages.
Here’s what one message that those systems use sounds like (the location in this video, the BoardWalk resort at Walt Disney World, has since been upgraded so it no longer has this message): https://twitter.com/kuma19281118/status/909374010416336897
If the page does not load, click Retry, it should load after that.

Another example of an MXL with a DV-100 would be yours truly’s high school.
In the first video, note what happens after the message plays 3 times.

2 Likes

What? No: have you not seen the countless videos of actual MXL-V/DMC-1 systems? Not only are the messages spliced together rather than being recorded as one, they’re spoken by a male voice actor, both unlike the messages in the Harrah’s video.

Yes: that I know for sure.

1 Like

The DMC-1 has the capability to record custom messages: https://savemoreonfirealarmparts.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/simens-dmc-1-product-sheet.pdf

1 Like

Oh, okay. Where/how did you find evidence that that’s an MXL-V/DMC-1 system though?

1 Like